SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   EuroTour (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   UK sticker on bikes for Spain? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=240215)

johnnyrod 27-02-22 08:22 AM

UK sticker on bikes for Spain?

I'm going to Spain in September, so just been reading up on the requirements. The Euro/GB number plate badge doesn't cut it any more now that we are in the glorious post-Brexit wonderland of freedom etc. etc. so it needs to be a UK badge with a union jack. This is fine except for Spain, Cyprus or Malta, in which case you have to also have a UK sticker attached to the back end - any ideas on where to stick this?

Adam Ef 27-02-22 01:38 PM

Re: UK sticker on bikes for Spain?

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyrod (Post 3135474)
- any ideas on where to stick this?

70s inuendos and references to bureaucrat's posteriors aside...

Will you have any luggage on the bike that would have space for it?

johnnyrod 27-02-22 10:07 PM

Soft panniers

Ruffy 28-02-22 12:02 AM

My suggestion would be to stick it to a piece of plastic or light metal flat sheet bolted to or behind the number plate so that it is displayed just below the number plate. Think like a rear fender extender.

Adam Ef 28-02-22 08:04 AM

That's the only thing I can thing of too, other than a flag on a pole trailing behind you, which might be mistaken for an invasion.

garynortheast 28-02-22 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyrod (Post 3135474)
......... any ideas on where to stick this?

Up Farage's rectum, along with a pineapple and De Feffel.

Sorry.....

johnnyrod 03-03-22 09:34 PM

Thanks all

johnnyrod 07-03-22 07:30 PM

Well I haven't found anything definite about needing an oval on the bike, everything says "vehicle". Also when I went in 2017 I had the EU/GB strip on my number plate, apparently I should also have had a GB oval for Spain - so the same rule as now (but UK), same for the other guys, but no one noticed.

Ruffy 07-03-22 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyrod (Post 3135660)
Well I haven't found anything definite about needing an oval on the bike, everything says "vehicle". Also when I went in 2017 I had the EU/GB strip on my number plate, apparently I should also have had a GB oval for Spain - so the same rule as now (but UK), same for the other guys, but no one noticed.

Is it really worth the risk? "Bike" is a subset of "vehicle" - I think the rules apply to all types so you'll essentally be reliant on luck.

I suspect you'll be pretty annoyed if you get pulled - at the least it would cost you cash, time and create frustration that I bet you'd prefer to be without.