SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   My bike actually has balls!! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=118942)

chris8886 05-10-08 07:15 PM

My bike actually has balls!!

it is with great pleasure that i announce that my bike has its balls back!! after what i consider an 'apprenticeship' (and recent extreme bordem) of 2 years it feels damn good. i love the way it just kicks off and goes banzai at 5.5/6k rpm. it just keeps putting a massive grin on me moosh :D:D. my riding 'style' is going to have to change a little, as i can no longer just slam the throttle wide open mid corner without highsiding me thinks :rolleyes:

big thanks go to terryakimonkey who helped me get rid of the little washers that i paid £200 for :shock::shock: i am soooo looking forward to this new lease of life my bike has been given :D

tanis34 05-10-08 07:17 PM

Re: My bike actually has balls!!

welcome to th world of full power

G 05-10-08 07:25 PM

No more novice group for you then lol :cool:

chris8886 05-10-08 07:28 PM

i will this time, as i'm getting used to a basically new bike now. after that i'm thinking i might move into inters :D

chasey 05-10-08 07:54 PM

Nice on Chris.

Where'd you do your trackday/s? I have read some stuff that said 33bhp's can't go on track. Might've been on the focused event webbysite? I wanna get a couple in next year but I will still be on 33 :(

Sorry for the derail :D

Davido 05-10-08 08:15 PM

I think my power 'apprenticeship' lasted a week before the other Ecu got put in.

chris8886 05-10-08 08:49 PM

definately do it. i've done 4 so far. lydden hill was my first last october. it's a brilliant track and ideal for the sv even when you have so little power, i was managing to humble a number of more powerful bikes :D only problem here is that they don't do many track days each year.

my second was at silverstone GP circuit. not ideal on a restricted bike, but it was imense fun and one of my favourites, but not ideally suited to the sv by the fact it's such a high speed track. again though if you have some nouse about you, you can do over many more powerful bikes in the corners. i can't wait to go back to this circuit on a full power bike.

next i did a driving day at raf northolt. only managed to get onto that a member here who works there. again a great day.

and most recently i did mallory park. i must admit that i didn't particularly enjoy this circuit (although i must admit i did crash (not badly)). i managed to get back out there and in my mind i had managed to forget the crash. i just didn't particularly enjoy the layout, which considering that it has some similarities with lydden i was surprised.

my 2 days at silverstone and mallory park were through hottrax. most places i think are ok with 33bhp licenses, but a quick e-mail to whichever company you use, will tell you if that rack won't allow you on.

chasey 05-10-08 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris8886 (Post 1644970)
... but a quick e-mail to whichever company you use, will tell you if that rack won't allow you on.

True :D.

Would probabily go Croft first as it's closest to me. I emailed Ron Haslam Race School about me using a CBR6 on retarded license and they are fine with that. Just need to get the GF to pay for it for me as a 21st present next year! :smt026

chris8886 05-10-08 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasey (Post 1644977)

Would probabily go Croft first as it's closest to me. I emailed Ron Haslam Race School about me using a CBR6 on retarded license and they are fine with that. Just need to get the GF to pay for it for me as a 21st present next year! :smt026

you've got a damn nice and probably fairly wealthy GF then :p

G 06-10-08 10:04 AM

Quote:

my second was at silverstone GP circuit.

I need to go back here badly :( loved silverstone GP, was my first so didnt know what to expect and defo didnt use the circuit to its full potential, even more so on the new bike

Quote:

and most recently i did mallory park. i must admit that i didn't particularly enjoy this circuit

Mallory need some work, I can never put my finger on why :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasey (Post 1644977)

Eeeek 33bhp SV .....to 120bhp IL4, that will be a shock to the system lol.