SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Fair weather friends (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=208885)

Toooldtodie 03-04-14 05:25 PM

Fair weather friends

Now I know all .org members are a friendly bunch, but as the roads swell with the less, er... hardy bikers can we, who have braved the rain and snow of recent winters, at least get a nod from those now getting back on the road? It's just polite; and after all who else understands bikers other than a fellow biker?! :smt039 Let's show it!

Mrs DJ Fridge 03-04-14 09:19 PM

Re: Fair weather friends

I always nod, I try to be a friendly biker summer or winter, in fact I sometimes find myself giving a friendly nod when in the car!

DJFridge 03-04-14 09:28 PM

Always nod, even to learners and Harleys. Sometimes even scooters if I'm feeling particularly at one with the world

davepreston 04-04-14 01:16 AM

you nod in winter as they are other proper bikers, you don't in summer because then your a nodding dog

Specialone 04-04-14 06:11 AM

I was in mid wales last weekend camping on the bike, a high number of sports bike riders didn't return my nod, too busy in their one piece romper suits trying to look fast.

veenee 04-04-14 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specialone (Post 2946086)
I was in mid wales last weekend camping on the bike, a high number of sports bike riders didn't return my nod, too busy in their one piece romper suits trying to look fast.

so true! ;-)

cb1000rsteve 04-04-14 07:23 AM

Bikers r very snobbish. Most return a nod when on the cb1r but never when on the Ped!! Except a few dayglo boys in the depth of winter anyhow.

Plus all the bikers coming out of hibernation: please take it easy and stop throwing yourselves into the street furniture thinking your Marquez

Toooldtodie 04-04-14 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davepreston (Post 2946069)
you nod in winter as they are other proper bikers, you don't in summer because then your a nodding dog

Yeah, but that's what the tinkly bell is for on the top of m'lid!

the_lone_wolf 04-04-14 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toooldtodie (Post 2945931)
Now I know all .org members are a friendly bunch, but as the roads swell with the less, er... hardy bikers can we, who have braved the rain and snow of recent winters, at least get a nod from those now getting back on the road?

I don't ride in the rain because I don't like it, do I count as a fair weather rider?

Or do I count as a hardy winter rider because I rode over a thousand miles in the coldest European winter for thirty years to go and camp in a metre of snow?

Now I don't know if I should be nodding or not!!!

:smt044

Entropy 04-04-14 04:27 PM

I hate riding in the rain - ill ride in the blistering cold - even in heavy wind. I still nod at every biker that goes past and I don't often get nods back. Arrogant ****s.