SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   First Time At Brands Indy (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=205995)

mase_tw 04-12-13 11:14 AM

First Time At Brands Indy

Hi,

Ive booked my first track day at brands indy for this sunday! Im buzzing but just wanted to ask for a bit of advice on the circuit.

I done Brands GP back in june on the SV and this time im doing the Indy circuit on the R6 has anyone got any tips for me for this track?

Also what is a respectable lap time around there nowadays?

Im in the inters group as i feel the novice is just a bit to slow for me now!

Mason

jambo 04-12-13 04:51 PM

Re: First Time At Brands Indy

Hi Mason,
The GP circuit feels completely different to the Indy circuit even though you've technically done all but 1 of the corners before, the entries into Surtees & Clearways are very different.

I'm not very fast but I've done a few sessions there. The bits that take some getting used to for me:
1) The entry into Paddock hill bend, which can generally be taken faster and later than people think, but can cause you issues if you're off-line.
2) The entry into McLaren / Clearways, this line can take a while to get right and you can loose an awful lot of time on part-throttle working it out until it clicks.

Thankfully they've got good garages, take lots of warm layers!

Respectable times? God knows, I've always wanted to put in a solid performance under 60 seconds, but generally come up slower than that...

Jambo

Davies 04-12-13 05:10 PM

Hi Mason,

I'll be there on Sunday too in the inters group so look out for a 2000 red R1 and come over and say hi. I'll keep an eye out for you too. I wouldn't worry about lap times too much, the location of a warm mug of tea should be much higher on your list of priorities :)

Cheers,

Paul

millemille 04-12-13 09:31 PM

Getting under a minute on a trackday is a decent pace.

mase_tw 06-12-13 03:53 PM

Hi Paul,

Yeah ill be there on my white R6 with number 8 on the front, and with a Duke R and a black GSXR1000. Were in the same group so yeah come over and say hi and ill try and see you out on track to watch your lines haha .

mase_tw 09-12-13 08:53 AM

Well what a great day yesterday was! Rain held out all day and even got slightly warm at one point haha.

Nice to meet you paul and top bloke for lending that C spanner haha was having trouble with that rear suspension all afternoon!

On lap times after watching the GoPro back last night it turns out my quickest lap of the day was just under 58 seconds which im quite happy with that considering it was my first times doing the indy circuit!