SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Ecosse (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Indoor Electric Motocross (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=224971)

carelesschucca 28-11-16 09:34 PM

Indoor Electric Motocross

Who's up for a bit of electric indoor Motocross action then?

I've been going along to play on some of the KTM Freeride's at Hyper-Trax in East Kilbride and I've got to admit its been a hoot. I was thinking that maybe we could get a visit in the new year. I've already talked SIII and TheRamJam into having a go and they appear to have enjoyed it.

Its an absolute hoot and at £20 for two ten minute sessions it hardly breaks the bank..

So who's game for a bit of giggle?

Tiger 55 28-11-16 09:37 PM

Re: Indoor Electric Motocross

Me me me me me me me!!!!!!

munkygunn182 28-11-16 09:38 PM

Me also.

carelesschucca 28-11-16 10:11 PM

So we have three already, and I know Ron is interested as he's just told me that it was 'More fun than getting coke'd* up with a couple of Hookers, and cheaper too! :)'

I'm quite sure Colin will be up for it too. At the moment the track only fits 6 bikes at a time, but we could hopefully get enough people to get a couple of groups.

*please note other soft drinks are available.

sputnik 28-11-16 10:39 PM

Potentially up for this. Got a lot (possibly all) Saturdays in January booked up already but it looks like a splendid wheeze, in spite of my zero moto-x experience. Put me down for an enthusiastic maybe!

Tiger 55 28-11-16 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik (Post 3058585)
my zero moto-x experience...

Oh yeah. I've got fully 10 minutes experience.

On a 250 2-stroke. On some waste ground. 25 years ago.

I'm practically Dave Thorpe!

SIII 29-11-16 08:36 AM

Tis absolutely brilliant fun. I spent all day sunday, 8 - 3, driving up, about 3 hours there and driving home and have to say it was well worth the effort ! And that was with only 2 x 10 minute sessions on track.

Bikes are great, the torque and pull from zero revs is fantastic. Only problem is doing nothing with your feet when your used to braking and changing gear. But after 5 minutes that is forgoten and just using your left hand to lock the back wheel into the corners is soon learned.

I even managed to get some air under both wheels !!! Pretty impressed for an old fart like me.:D

I recon, I would be slower round the track on a petrol bike :cool:

carelesschucca 29-11-16 04:21 PM

The guys that own the place had fast riders trying the track out on their normal bikes and they were slower than on the Freerides.

The weirdest thing about it all is the silence. It's completely alien hitting a starter button and the only thing happening is a few lights flashing... I'd also like to give the warning that it doesn't hurt any less falling off an electric bike... Chimpboy can testify to that :-D

So how about we start putting down days we can get there (things seem to flow better first thing in the morning)

TheRamJam 29-11-16 04:26 PM

Yes count me in Dean.

It's your fault am looking at crossers lol

carelesschucca 29-11-16 04:39 PM

Don't blame me... Blame my cousin it's ALL his fault, he started this... He wants to come along too btw, just to make us all feel SLOW!!!