SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Vegetarians.... (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=238064)

Bibio 29-11-20 05:44 PM

Vegetarians....

there might just be something to all the fuss.

my health has been ermm well put it this way it was difficult tying shoe laces and i felt miserable as fek. i finally gave in and went on a sort of diet. all i have been eating is lentil, leek and carrot Soup with seeded/wholegrain bread sometimes with a slice of very thin cheese sandwich.

been at it for less than two weeks and i have lost half a stone and i feel around 30% better already. i haven't used my angina spray for 2 days and i have a little more energy. today my nose is less blocked and i can smell again. i also take nitrate tablets and today i reduced my dose by half a tablet and i still have not use my spray.

my diet before was pretty good and i cooked fresh every night and occasionally a fish supper say once in two/three weeks.

no i'm not turning into a vegie but if the improvements keep going i will only eat meat rarely.

SV650rules 29-11-20 06:49 PM

Re: Vegetarians....

I know a few fat vegetarians .... and if not done properly can cause health problems, but veganism is worse.

shiftin_gear98 29-11-20 07:43 PM

Bibs, glad you are feeling better.

Bibio 20-12-20 02:23 PM

Quorn mince... ermm no. thought i would give it a try and its like furkin sawdust. any vegetarians got a better substitute for mince?

garynortheast 20-12-20 03:42 PM

Thaw and marinade the quorn mince before you cook it Bibs. The quorn chunks are very nice cooked with leek and mushroom in a bake or pie.

Bibio 20-12-20 05:25 PM

it was the ready to use stuff. if it were not for the texture i would have liked it. it reminded me of that realllllyyyy bad frozen mince you get out of farmfoods that i mistakenly bought years ago.

next up is tofu..

btw, i'm not turning into a vegetarian but i'm liking the health benefits. i have lost a stone, feel fitter and not always hungry.

daktulos 20-12-20 06:40 PM

My wife is vegetarian, and likes quorn ... I'm not a fan myself (and apparently people can gain an intolerance for it). There really is nothing like meat, unfortunately. For a lasagne, I'll use half quorn mince and half minced mushroom. As Gary said, it really needs to be flavoured. Unfortunately, I like Tofu even less.

garynortheast 20-12-20 08:44 PM

Tofu, even more than Quorn mince benefits from a good marinade for a few hours.

Bri w 21-12-20 10:22 AM

Nice one Bibs!

With not getting out quite so much this year my weight has crept up too much. I'm now at the weight I was when I had my last heart attack = 17st. The angina has niggled for a few weeks now.

daktulos 21-12-20 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3123620)
Tofu, even more than Quorn mince benefits from a good marinade for a few hours.

Cauldron sells pre-marinated tofu pieces, which actually taste quite nice, but I can't get past the spongey texture.