SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Remember Remember the 5th of September (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=117142)

Ed 05-09-08 09:49 PM

Re: Remember Remember the 5th of September

Christmas cards in M&S in Liverpool last Wednesday.

MR UKI (1) 05-09-08 11:40 PM

Xmas chocs in our Teso last Friday. Couldn't believe my eyes. Feels like winter at moment though with the bloody rain and had the heating on this week :(

Scuba1 05-09-08 11:51 PM

Oblocks...just ave a grab behind them xmas choccies and there is an easter bunny in place at the rear of the shelf as we speak ..... write.<<<<<< itis all about the cash these days. We still have the xmas tree decorated in the livingroom now, just to take the edge of things...... it does get some funny looks out of people at times though. But at the end of the day , it gets some light in the livingroom

Scuba1 05-09-08 11:54 PM

and on top of that we also have the lot of the xmas lights up and running in the house, 24/7.... never usethe light switch when I have t go for a ................

mister c 06-09-08 05:19 AM

I worked at Morrisons Warehouse in Northwich for a little while. Worked on Boxing Day & there was a shipment of Easter Eggs delivered, about 4500 of them :) Wierd feeling when it was Christmas.

kitkat 06-09-08 06:54 AM

i hate xmas too but this year im getting prepared early so that I dont need to go near the shops while 8.5 months pregnant. bought first xmas present on Thursday :)

Drew Carey 06-09-08 08:36 AM

As some know I work in a pub a few nights a week, well, just left the Beefeater I work in to go to a new pub.....The beefeater had a sign up in the staff room saying "Christmas Ideas" 2 months ago!!!!!!

What was worse is they had menus, from head office, printed correctly and clearly the final issue for the christmas meal period and one for christmas day itself. They have been hanging in the staff room since June!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrr, makes my blood boil too, just want to try and enjoy today, not think about the poorest and most money wasting time of the year.

rob13 06-09-08 08:43 AM

Some people on here are right miserable *******s. I enjoy Christmas, if only for the fact that theres always something going on and people usually want to go out and enjoy themselves.

Frank 06-09-08 08:46 AM

can we pls have ONE Christmas thread and BOOT out all the rest pls

Frank 06-09-08 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Carey (Post 1616770)
Grrrrrrrr, makes my blood boil too, just want to try and enjoy today, not think about the poorest and most money wasting time of the year.

give that man a pat on the back