SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   So, who else is at work on the bank holiday? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=129474)

BigFootIsBlurry 10-04-09 07:33 AM

So, who else is at work on the bank holiday?

I've been here since before 8 and I'm knackered. It didn't help that there was people still up from last night playing cricket in my street when I woke up.

Its raining too, which balls my plan of a late afternoon ride to make up for this.

:(

the_runt69 10-04-09 07:35 AM

Re: So, who else is at work on the bank holiday?

JUst got in from Nights, working nights through until Wednesday Morning another bankholiday weekend written off.

injury_ian 10-04-09 07:36 AM

:mad: Yup, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon

Double bubble on fri and monday tho 8-)

Lissa 10-04-09 07:37 AM

I'm at home, but Pete's at work on a 6-2 shift. He chose to work today though, for the extra pay and day in lieu.

I have been up for nearly two hours. Why, when you could have a lie-in, do you wake up early?:(

husky03 10-04-09 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa (Post 1859843)
I have been up for nearly two hours. Why, when you could have a lie-in, do you wake up early?:(

Cause thats sods law:)-other side is when you need to be up early but you can't get to sleep-bummer

BigFootIsBlurry 10-04-09 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa (Post 1859843)

I can safely say that has never happened to me, I can sleep for days if I get get the chance.

I'm not on double time either, its in my contract that bank holidays are just another day and I get an increased salary to make up for it. Right now I need to sleep though, was here till 10pm last night aswell.:thumbsup:

Lissa 10-04-09 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husky03 (Post 1859845)
Cause thats sods law:)-other side is when you need to be up early but you can't get to sleep-bummer

That's true. I stayed up late watching Green Street knowing I could sleep in this morning, but my damned internal clock said 'Ok, you've had six hours. Wake up!':rolleyes:

Lissa 10-04-09 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFootIsBlurry (Post 1859847)
I'm not on double time either, its in my contract that bank holidays are just another day

B*gg*r that for a game of soldiers!

I look forward to Bank Holidays. I think we should have more to put us in line with the rest of Europe. After all, they are foisting other European rules on us, so why not one that actually benefits us? Ah, because it WOULD benefit us, that's why!:)

husky03 10-04-09 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa (Post 1859848)
That's true. I stayed up late watching Green Street knowing I could sleep in this morning, but my damned internal clock said 'Ok, you've had six hours. Wake up!':rolleyes:

Elijah Wood?

Lissa 10-04-09 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husky03 (Post 1859855)
Elijah Wood?

Yes. Seen it before, but just think it's a very good film.