SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2011 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Travelling oop North from down South (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=166868)

Raf 03-06-11 02:58 PM

Re: Travelling oop North from down South

Here, I hope that helps.

It's a looooong time before we need to plan a journey up north.

We'll meet at the ace, point the bikes north and then go for it. I want to do the snake pass again though, this time on a bike which doesn't have it's front spindle loose. Ahh fun times.

keith_d 03-06-11 04:47 PM

My current thinking is a motorway blat up to Brummy land, followed by a nice ride through the peaks. After that it's all flat caps and whippets 'til we get to the men in skirts. So it won't matter which way we go. ;)

BBadger 03-06-11 05:28 PM

Thinking of heading up a day early if others want to as i should have a house in nottingham by then so many free rooms to crash in and a few cheeky drinks to wind down in the sun with for those who are interested?

orose 03-06-11 05:37 PM

Can't disagree with that logic - swing a left at Derby off the M1, then A6 through Matlock to Rowsley, through the Chatsworth estate, Baslow - Calver - Grindleford - Hathersage - Bamford and on to Snake Pass, then hang a right at the end to take you back up on to Woodhead pass, from which you can head over Holme Moss into Holmfirth and towards Huddersfield.

You're then not much over an hour from the site, so you can kick back and relax.

Milky Bar Kid 03-06-11 05:45 PM

Steve are the MoFo's coming then? What about MoFo's of the Daniel variety?

The Idle Biker 03-06-11 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raf (Post 2550102)
Here, I hope that helps.

Thank you Raf for the map of where I live:o Cheers anyway, pop round now you know where I am. How did you know ooeer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid (Post 2550201)
Steve are the MoFo's coming then? What about MoFo's of the Daniel variety?

This is strange code that will only be revealed to me on the night of the AR?
MoFos and Daniels, what strange tongue is this?

-Ralph- 03-06-11 08:54 PM

Just remember that most of the peak district is now 50 mph limit for those who give a **** about speed limits

Milky Bar Kid 03-06-11 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Idle Biker (Post 2550322)
Thank you Raf for the map of where I live:o Cheers anyway, pop round now you know where I am. How did you know ooeer?

This is strange code that will only be revealed to me on the night of the AR?
MoFos and Daniels, what strange tongue is this?

MoFo's are a select group of the South West Surfers including Squirrel Hunter and Stretchie. Stretchie is Daniel....so he is a MoFo of a Daniel variety!

keith_d 04-06-11 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orose (Post 2550195)
Can't disagree with that logic - swing a left at Derby off the M1, then A6 through Matlock to Rowsley, through the Chatsworth estate, Baslow - Calver - Grindleford - Hathersage - Bamford and on to Snake Pass, then hang a right at the end to take you back up on to Woodhead pass, from which you can head over Holme Moss into Holmfirth and towards Huddersfield.

You're then not much over an hour from the site, so you can kick back and relax.

I just took a look at the map, and from the Ace we could go out on the A40, and pick up the A413 all the way to Towcester, then pick up the M1 through the midlands to Derby.

This is starting to sound like a nice day's riding for us slow folks. Just need to plan meal stops and petrol.

Keith.

dizzyblonde 04-06-11 07:58 PM

Through the Chatsworth estate, is lllloovely!
Once you get up over Holme Moss to Holmfirth (Last of the Summer Wine), you are in my territory.........and by that time, you'll have gotten a taste of the things to come over the weekend. 8) Just close your eyes through Hudds, its a sh1thole. Through to Hx, say hello to Peg for a cuppa, then past YCs house through Keighley....keep your wits about you there then on your way to Settle.

Oh my, I'm getting so excited, not arf as excited as you lot will be when you get here...you'll all be peeing yer pants with so much fun :lol: