SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Hi everyone ,charity ride (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=131066)

kurtis.randle 03-05-09 04:35 PM

Hi everyone ,charity ride

Date and details to be confirmed , proberly august ,
would anyone be interested charity yet to be confirmed ,ideas and interest would be aprishiated thanks. I would like to donate to some sort of childrens charity .the reason for this is my nan passed 10 months ago and i want to do something that she used to allways do .I thanks

Alpinestarhero 03-05-09 04:49 PM

Re: Hi everyone ,charity ride

Why not contact your local hospital, see about doing the charity run to raise money for their childrens department? That could be cool, have a ride to the hospital, all the kids come out and the owners can invite the kids to sit on the bikes and stuff

how about raising money for charities who look after kids who have to look after their parents?

kurtis.randle 03-05-09 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpinestarhero (Post 1893144)
Why not contact your local hospital, see about doing the charity run to raise money for their childrens department? That could be cool, have a ride to the hospital, all the kids come out and the owners can invite the kids to sit on the bikes and stuff

how about raising money for charities who look after kids who have to look after their parents?

a very good thought. i will get back to you on that one soon .

kurtis.randle 03-05-09 04:56 PM

Quote:

would you be interested in takeing part ,if so would you think it would be best a weekend ??

kurtis.randle 03-05-09 04:58 PM

Quote:

im thinking about makeing it all the way up newcasle and then back or scottland i feel it would be more acheiving than just round the corner but willing for ideas still.

Alpinestarhero 03-05-09 05:06 PM

sounds good...how about doing it on a bike that isn't so suited to a long journey, like a 50 cc scooter, or a C90. Or any supersport 600 :smt044

BTW for such a long journey, I don't know if i would have the endurance to take part. But i'd certainly throw a few quid your way as sponsership

kurtis.randle 03-05-09 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpinestarhero (Post 1893167)
sounds good...how about doing it on a bike that isn't so suited to a long journey, like a 50 cc scooter, or a C90. Or any supersport 600 :smt044

BTW for such a long journey, I don't know if i would have the endurance to take part. But i'd certainly throw a few quid your way as sponsership

dont think many people could get hold of another bike more costly as well.

dawn07 03-05-09 05:21 PM

Child brain injury trust always a good one?
Would join you if I lived closer:D

kurtis.randle 03-05-09 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawn07 (Post 1893176)
Child brain injury trust always a good one?
Would join you if I lived closer:D

will be pming you for a donate then lol .

dawn07 03-05-09 05:23 PM

:smt058