SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   East Anglian Revolution (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=140613)

Skip 07-10-09 01:47 PM

'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Spotted - an SV outside my office window - oh its mine... zzzzz :p

maviczap 07-10-09 01:59 PM

Re: EAR Eye-Ball Thread

Slow day at the office :p

dreamin of sunny summer rideouts :cool:

back to work :smt027

Skip 07-10-09 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2056453)
Slow day at the office :p

dreamin of sunny summer rideouts :cool:

back to work :smt027

Yup slooooow today - going RC racing tonight so just counting down to that - car has no MOT so its bike only this week - which is nice :)

maviczap 07-10-09 02:24 PM

Well I've had a fun packed week of looking after the 4 year old who's not been well, as the wife is on nights this week :(

But, I've still managed to get out on the pushbike & thrash my aged body a couple of times, whilst avoiding big red vans & pensioners giving me the finger from their Merc estate.

This was after I happened to meet him coming the other way on a single track road and he wasn't prepared to slow down after my polite request :smt072

Skip 07-10-09 02:31 PM

I had a good incident yesterday. There is an underpass on my way to work on a back road (A47 runs over it) and its single track. Sloped at either end. I was coming the direction that had right of way - just got to the bottom of the slope and some woman in a BMW 1 series zooms down the other way and meets me in the middle - she wouldn't budge and made me back up the slope (on my bike!) - its so steep I had to get off and push it up - I was exhausted by the time I got to the top and by the time I got back on the bike she had zoomed past - I was so angry!!

kellyjo 07-10-09 02:37 PM

I was gonna head out on my bike this morning, but my battery was flat :-( But i impressed myself by disabling alarm, removing battery, charging it, and replacing it, and it started first attempt :-) New battery has been ordered cos this isnt the first time the bu**er's let me down - but it is the first time i rectified it myself, yay!!

Maybe it's just aswell i start my motorcycle maintenance course tonight, woo-hoo :-)!!! Bought myself some lurvely black overalls to wear too - just need to scrub the garage floor with them first so they're not obviously brand spanking new, hehe!

Skip 07-10-09 02:38 PM

I think I am going to create an EAR megathread as I am always around to post drivel in it so I will start it off with these few posts :)

Will reply to you there KJ :)

maviczap 07-10-09 02:40 PM

Sounds very similar to mine! I was able to unclip from the pedals. Difference was the bloke had stopped after giving me the finger, but then beat a hasty retreat after I started to go down the road after him! :smt093

I'd already been wound up by another old geezer in a Silver Mondeo Estate on another narrow lane.

Glad I didn't have to push my bike like you did :p

Skip 07-10-09 02:40 PM

'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

......Begin! :tiesto:

Graciepants 07-10-09 02:44 PM

Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

do batteries stop working a lot then? thats worrying

maviczap 07-10-09 02:45 PM

Spotted the silver blue pointy from Felixstowe Solar superstore on it's way home yesterday too. Will try to make contact with the owner somehow.

Need an Org calling card.:p

maviczap 07-10-09 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graciepants (Post 2056529)
do batteries stop working a lot then? thats worrying

Only if you've got muliple electrical devices attached to your SV battery like KJ has :p

Its only a teeny weeny thing

Skip 07-10-09 02:49 PM

Yup - I flattened my Blackbirds battery by starting it about 12 times with the lights on and not actually riding it anywhere (getting onto the IOM ferry) - afterwards I thought - that's a lot of engine for that little battery to be turning over!

Graciepants 07-10-09 02:54 PM

my battery is 8 years old now, and as far as i know its still the original - am i gonna have to start worrying yet my bike does get abusers!

Skip 07-10-09 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graciepants (Post 2056546)
my battery is 8 years old now, and as far as i know its still the original - am i gonna have to start worrying yet my bike does get abusers!

I wouldn't worry - my Blackbirds battery was the original and that was 9 years old - it still worked fine (even after the IOM incident) so as long as its starts the bike easily and "sprightly" I wouldn't worry.

Graciepants 07-10-09 02:57 PM

mine atm, starts first time, even when its been left out in the snow for 4 weeks, so i tihnk it likes me, or something.

kellyjo 07-10-09 02:59 PM

It might not be the battery, it might be a problem with my alarm or something else draining charge, but i've no idea how old the battery is, and the bike clocked up 35,000 miles at the weekend so i decided to replace it anyway (the battery, not the bike!).
At least this way, if i have any further problems i'll know i need to start looking elsewhere for the cause, or just have a good cry cos ive wasted £40 on a battery i didnt need :-)

Skip 07-10-09 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyjo (Post 2056552)
the bike clocked up 35,000 miles at the weekend

Blimey Kelly - busy weekend?! :shock: :smt081

kellyjo 07-10-09 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2056534)
Its only a teeny weeny thing

Oh honey, im sure that can't be true - besides, size isn't important! :---) :p

Skip 07-10-09 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyjo (Post 2056559)
Oh honey, im sure that can't be true - besides, size isn't important! :---) :p

PMSL! =D> :lol:

kellyjo 07-10-09 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 2056554)
Blimey Kelly - busy weekend?! :shock: :smt081

=D>=D>

Actually i saw a lovely black xj6r that i'm trying to convince jeff to buy me as a 'winter bike'. Not getting very far though :-(

Skip 07-10-09 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyjo (Post 2056562)
=D>=D>

Actually i saw a lovely black xj6r that i'm trying to convince jeff to buy me as a 'winter bike'. Not getting very far though :-(

I know you love riding but 35k in a weekend is more than even Rictus could manage! ;)

I thought about a winter bike but then I already have one - its a BMW 316 :scratch: :lol:

Rob969 07-10-09 04:12 PM

aldi are selling battery chargers starting tommorrow http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2827_11443.htm i'm going to get one (just in case)

kellyjo 07-10-09 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob969 (Post 2056650)
aldi are selling battery chargers starting tommorrow http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2827_11443.htm i'm going to get one (just in case)

I think Jeff should buy me the zx6r 'just in case' :rolleyes:

Mike2165 07-10-09 08:14 PM

Kellyjo, might want to think about getting an optimiser for the new battery, keeps it topped up

Skip 08-10-09 08:49 AM

Brrr it was cold this morning! Haven't got the lining in my textile jacket and I could have done with it! Winter gloves were welcome too!

kellyjo 08-10-09 11:48 AM

My answer to that - hot chocolate!!! Oooh....with marshmalllows and cream and a flake...and someone to cuddle up and share it with :-)

Edit - Actually on second thoughts - cuddle up YES, share NO!!

Skip 08-10-09 12:09 PM

Marshmallows yuck! Rest sounds good though :)

454697819 08-10-09 12:42 PM

afternoon all...

what's new since I trashed my bike then?

Skip 08-10-09 01:02 PM

We had a good rideout a couple of weeks ago - hopefully another one soon - although warm clothes will be required!

seedy100 08-10-09 06:41 PM

Ohhh and EAR megathread!

Here would seem to be a good place to admit to disslocating my knee by droping the Beemer on it at 0mph.

Oh the embarasment!

Ohh the pain.

It really is a heavy brute when its lying on your leg.

If I am riding again by then I will try to get to the next EAR rideout, just to give you all a laugh.

maviczap 08-10-09 06:44 PM

now that is silly :p

davy 08-10-09 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike2165 (Post 2057013)
Kellyjo, might want to think about getting an optimiser for the new battery, keeps it topped up

M&P got an offer on Oxford Oximiser £19.99 +p&p

kellyjo 09-10-09 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyjo (Post 2056562)
=D>=D>

OOPS! That was a it of a bonde moment :rolleyes:

Meant zx6r, doh! But you're so clever i guess you worked that out didn't you?

454697819 09-10-09 07:31 AM

Morning all..

still recovering from Man flu.. anyone else had this?

maviczap 09-10-09 07:32 AM

Had it a few weeks ago & survived :p

454697819 09-10-09 12:35 PM

mine must be worse.. it has to be

Skip 09-10-09 12:36 PM

Mine was so bad I couldn't get onto a computer - so :p

;)

kellyjo 09-10-09 01:25 PM

If you're all gonna start whingeing i'm off.... nothing worse for a woman than a man with 'flu' (or probably just a bit of a runny nose and a couple of coughs :-))

Now stop groaning and make yourselves useful chaps, and someone tell me how i get behind the clocks on my bike to change the bulbs!!!
And per-lease dont tell me i need to remove the fairings or im gonna cryxx

Skip 09-10-09 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyjo (Post 2058848)
Now stop groaning and make yourselves useful chaps, and someone tell me how i get behind the clocks on my bike to change the bulbs!!!
And per-lease dont tell me i need to remove the fairings or im gonna cryxx

Not done it on an SV but I am willing to bet that unless you are some sort of contortionist that you will have to take them off