SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Range with fuel light on? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=126139)

speedplay 21-02-09 04:22 PM

Range with fuel light on?

Ok, dead simple one here.
How far can you go on your sv with the fuel warning light on before you run out?

I know its throttle dependent but just a rough idea.

flymo 21-02-09 05:58 PM

Re: Range with fuel light on?

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedplay (Post 1792762)
Ok, dead simple one here.
How far can you go on your sv with the fuel warning light on before you run out?

I know its throttle dependent but just a rough idea.

From racing experience, at least 7 laps of Anglesey at full throttle :-). Thats around 20 miles or so.

So I reckon tickling it along at a conservative pace you'll likely get 30 miles or more.

Baph 21-02-09 06:17 PM

On the road, on my pointy:

From flashing light to steady light: 20miles ish.
From solid light to cough & splutter empty: about 8 miles.

daveb 21-02-09 11:29 PM

My warning light comes on around 160 miles from a full tank - I've clocked over 200 miles and still not ran out so I have had over 40 miles from when the warning light first came on...

steveg 22-02-09 11:01 AM

the other day flashing warning light came on at approx 125
Solid light came on at approx 145
Filled up at 168 and could only get 15 l in
Cheers Steve

speedplay 22-02-09 11:40 AM

I filled my pointy up yesterday morning, just after leaving home.
My warning light came on at 105 but I had been riding it pretty hard.
Im guessing this is about normal then?

Baph 22-02-09 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedplay (Post 1793432)
I filled my pointy up yesterday morning, just after leaving home.
My warning light came on at 105 bu tI had been riding it pretty hard.
Im guessing this is about normal then?

From a full tank to a light, I get anywhere from 90-130 miles depending on how I ride.

So yea, I'd say 105 is about right.

martin_SV 24-02-09 10:54 AM

Q for all those with pointies. I started with a curvy and had the flashing light followed by solid light scenario. Good system i felt. Got me a pointy 2 years back,(K3) and just goes straight to solid light ( by experience about the same time as the curvy started flashing. ie not on the last pint or so. I felt this was a lot less useful but felt I read somewhere (maybe the handbook) that this is how the pointies had beeen diesigned. So have I got a fault? Baph, you mention your pointy flashes first what model is it? perhaps just later incarna0tions have the flash then solid. Can anyone help?

thanks
martin

PS Oh yes to make a contribution to the op's question, Be aware that if you raise the tank with washers/spacers the light comes on significantly earlier as puzzled me the first few times on my curvy.

ethariel 24-02-09 11:00 AM

From flashing to solid 10 to 20 depending on the right hand, from solid to ohbuggerimstupid........ not found out yet but have not pushed it past 5 miles of very careful acceleration and kill switch freewheeling downhill :)

flymo 24-02-09 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin_SV (Post 1795890)
Q for all those with pointies. I started with a curvy and had the flashing light followed by solid light scenario. Good system i felt. Got me a pointy 2 years back,(K3) and just goes straight to solid light ( by experience about the same time as the curvy started flashing. ie not on the last pint or so. I felt this was a lot less useful but felt I read somewhere (maybe the handbook) that this is how the pointies had beeen diesigned. So have I got a fault? Baph, you mention your pointy flashes first what model is it? perhaps just later incarna0tions have the flash then solid. Can anyone help?

thanks
martin

PS Oh yes to make a contribution to the op's question, Be aware that if you raise the tank with washers/spacers the light comes on significantly earlier as puzzled me the first few times on my curvy.

Its different on a K3. I only get solid also, the later models reverted back to flashing/solid.