SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Ecosse (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Alan's August Applecross Assault 2013 Edition (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=201527)

combatfred 17-07-13 09:51 AM

Alan's August Applecross Assault 2013 Edition

Alan's August Applecross Assault 2013 Edition…………I enjoyed last year's Applecross weekend, so I'm doing it again.

Anyone up for it this year?

Leave Glasgow around noon on Fri 23rd August for a DRY & SUNNY run up to Applecross.
Head home after brekky on Sun 25th.

I can't get anyone to watch Wendy, so I'm bringing her……….No room for my tent when I'm 2-up, so that means I'm in a camping hut.
For camping, you don't need to book (but I'll give them a call out of courtesy when I know numbers).
Brekky at the campsite.
Dinners at the excellent Applecross Inn.

Saturday will either be a lap of Skye, or more likely a run up to Ullapool for lunch.

The Plan.....
Meeting at 12:30 on Friday at Esso petrol station on Dumbarton Road (next to Little Chef).
That's the important bit. Will leave there at 1pm.
From there it'll be Tarbet, Crianlarich, Tyndrum and Fort William.
We'll stop at Morrisons in Fort William for fuel, scooby snacks and pee-pees (you must try, even if you don't need).
Then we'll push on to Applecross.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=...t=m&mra=ls&z=8

The ride on Saturday can be discussed in the pub on Friday.
The return trip on Sunday will be the reverse of Friday, except that I'm doing Oban, Inverary, Dunoon, ferry to Gourock and then home to Troon.

If you're coming, please PM me your mobile number if I don't already have it.

That's it guys :smt023.

Fred x

carelesschucca 17-07-13 12:00 PM

Re: Alan's August Applecross Assault 2013 Edition

Yeah Alan you're a star :smt023

Ullapool please, I've never been.

To be honest I said I was gonna go to North Wales with Chris, Hong and Dave. But can't really afford that.

I might be able to do this if the Gaffer comes along. I'm already in discussions with the funds manager about financing and whether the toilets are going to be up to a high enough standard in Applecross...

I also might head off a little earlier and get you at North Ballachulish as I'd like to pop in and say hello again to our hosts for next year :)

The Guru 17-07-13 12:34 PM

Leave it with me..

AJC 17-07-13 03:23 PM

Yeah well up for this, unsure if on my lonesome or with pillion attachment just yet!

While Skye was superb I am glad we are heading further North, I was going to suggest the same!

Bibio 17-07-13 04:17 PM

i'm sure you all do this deliberately and that you are all members of a 'pizz Lance off club'.

only kidding. have a great time, wish i was going but the Applecross road scares me to shizz, never ever again am i riding on that road. plus i have used up all my brownie points this year.

Tiger 55 17-07-13 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carelesschucca (Post 2887547)
Ullapool please, I've never been.

The shocking things you find out about people on here...

Working I'm afraid, which is a shame because it's bound to be a bloody good laugh.

haggis 17-07-13 09:50 PM

That would be my fourth AppleX by bike this year! I might go. But then again might just join you for the scoot to ullapool on Sunday as its equally fab but I've not been in ages.

Will see how I get on this weekend.

combatfred 18-07-13 08:14 AM

Camping hut 7 booked and paid for, so it's 100% on.

And we might have the services of "Haggis Highland Tours" as a guide for the Sunday :D.

Blue Flame 18-07-13 12:01 PM

Camping hut 8 booked and paid for. :p

combatfred 18-07-13 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Flame (Post 2887844)
Camping hut 8 booked and paid for. :p

Good man :thumbsup: