SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Sea Monkey (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=131798)

anna 14-05-09 02:56 PM

Sea Monkey

:( Ok this made me feel VERY OLD......

My niece and I were talking about her wanting a pet; she has wanted one for a while now and, as dutiful aunt has been eager for her to keep nagging her mom for one ;) (For similar reasons that I try to get the nosiest toys or things with a LOT of glitter or messy paints ;))

She then tells me that she wants’ sea monkeys?? WTF I had to blag it until I could look on Google as to what she was talking about so as not to appear "uncool"....... I must be getting old :(:( ... What happened to just wanting a rabbit?

zsv650 14-05-09 02:58 PM

Re: Sea Monkey

sea monkey's are a bugger to keep i found mind you good for feeding to the malawi's lol.

Woz 14-05-09 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anna (Post 1906658)
I must be getting old :(:(

Don't know how old but I remember seeing adverts for Sea Monkeys in the back of comics in the 70's

zobers 14-05-09 03:00 PM

The sea monkeys i had were scary! Actually i think they were called triops but very similar to sea monkeys, didn't realise they were a 'cool' pet to have this day and age. :S

anna 14-05-09 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woz (Post 1906664)
Don't know how old but I remember seeing adverts for Sea Monkeys in the back of comics in the 70's

ok... I was just blind then I guess slightly better then being old ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zobers (Post 1906667)
The sea monkeys i had were scary! Actually i think they were called triops but very similar to sea monkeys, didn't realise they were a 'cool' pet to have this day and age. :S

Yup, apparently you can get different types of tanks for them now, space ships, sunken pirate ships blagh blagh.

jimmy__riddle 14-05-09 03:15 PM

when i was small i had seamonkeys. they fell over, dried out on the carpet so i scraped the dry mess into the container and they still survived!

Spiderman 14-05-09 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woz (Post 1906664)

Same here..and they looked so much better on the packaging didn't they? lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anna (Post 1906688)
ok... I was just blind then I guess slightly better then being old ;)

Well you also had to be a bit of a boy i guess to read those Marvel & DC Comics of the day.

Did you never see the episode of South Park when Cartman was set on getting some...and his dissapointment when he did? Well worth watching to give you an insight into what your neice will go thru ;)

pencil shavings 14-05-09 03:23 PM

get some for cheap in a fish shop, wack them in some brackish water and away you go :)

zsv650 14-05-09 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pencil shavings (Post 1906709)
get some for cheap in a fish shop, wack them in some brackish water and away you go :)

think there the same as brine shrimp aint they.:)

pencil shavings 14-05-09 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zsv650 (Post 1906712)
think there the same as brine shrimp aint they.:)

yep :)

tasty snacks for my fish :smt079