SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

sorebutt 05-08-14 07:23 PM

Gripe of the day - What is yours?

OK,

For all those who are either pensioners or will be, lets have your gripe of the day, what has really pee'd you off.

Let me start the ball rolling,

I have found out today I am to lose my beloved SV650S - 3 years old she is and has been as reliable as a reliable thing could be. A mere 16K on the clock she's going around mid September - devastated.

Bibio 05-08-14 07:29 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

why?

Ben.tattooer 05-08-14 07:54 PM

Drivers texting. I pulled one up on it today and his response was "what's it to you?" Smh.

DJ123 05-08-14 08:16 PM

People who consistantly let you down. I no longer believe them, but it still gets my goat.

carelesschucca 05-08-14 08:53 PM

I hate lying backstabbing fatherless so and so's that say they're your friend and smile at ya while they're stabbing you in the back in the worst possible way.

Not to worry the phrase 'Dead To Me' has never rung so true.

and breath, I suppose this isn't just a gripe for today but the last wee while..

AND BREATH DEAN!

tactcom7 06-08-14 10:21 AM

Drivers who don't say thanks when you flash/move over to let them out.

tonyt 06-08-14 10:29 AM

The bloody state of the roads... the constant looking out for potholes... sunken manhole covers...sunken drain covers...gravel everywhere.. plus what really ****es me off is the cheap top surface they chuck on the roads consisting of wet tar and tons of loose gravel and stones and call it road improvement.. :confused:

dizzyblonde 06-08-14 10:33 AM

Roofers that are replacing a roof, and don't look at the weather forecast. Leaving it exposed overnight.

Not my roof incidentally.

timwilky 06-08-14 10:38 AM

Kids on motorcycles bleating not fair.

andrewsmith 06-08-14 11:14 AM

Mods

Can this be renamed the Tim Wilky thread?? ;)

jambo 06-08-14 05:07 PM

My wallet is too small to hold the £50 notes that I like to carry with me in case I see something I fancy, and I can't find a place that will do a same-day chrome wrap for my aventador

Jambo

Sent without a real keyboard

thefallenangel 06-08-14 07:14 PM

Getting a ticking off for saving the day because I purchased an item on my works credit card instead of using the new purchasing system.

If it wasn't for work I would be 5 stone lighter and a lot happier

DJ123 06-08-14 11:14 PM

people who clap in the cinema. WTF?!

Matt-EUC 06-08-14 11:26 PM

People who indicated to go round ****ing pinch points!!! And people who indicate to go round parked cars!! What, you think I didn't see it?! You assumed I'd think you were going to plough straight into the ****ing back of it?! I know you're going to go round it you ****ing dumb ****!

To add to that, people who do the above next to a right turn!! If I'm coming the other way, I'll often stop close enough to the obstacle so they can't get past and gesture them to turn off.

Quite often they will turn their indicator off but sometimes they gesture that they're going forwards so I pull up beside and say "well don't ****ing indicate then!"

Not a gripe of the day but hey ho.

Sent via the medium of interpretive dance.

Red ones 07-08-14 05:46 AM

People who slow down by 10 mph and / or refuse to change lanes just because they're driving through a tunnel. Where's the sign that says "Lose 10moh and don't EVER change lanes?"

garynortheast 07-08-14 06:14 AM

People.

atassiedevil 07-08-14 08:10 AM

People who make taking a simple roundabout or corner look like tackling advanced brain surgery.

Mitthrawnuruodo 07-08-14 08:33 AM

Drivers that don't pay attention to pedestrians when turning corners

High way code rule 170

watch out for pedestrians crossing a road into which you are turning. If they have started to cross they have priority, so give way

And drivers who dont understand box junctions

Box junctions. These have criss-cross yellow lines painted on the road (see ‘Road markings’). You MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or lane is clear. However, you may enter the box and wait when you want to turn right, and are only stopped from doing so by oncoming traffic, or by other vehicles waiting to turn right. At signalled roundabouts you MUST NOT enter the box unless you can cross over it completely without stopping.
Law TSRGD regs 10(1) & 29(2)

Dave-the-rave 07-08-14 09:23 AM

Cameras that monitor yellow boxes.

JamesMio 07-08-14 10:16 AM

Not indicating as you leave a roundabout, leaving me sat waiting to go whilst you tootle off down the road beside me.

timwilky 07-08-14 11:43 AM

Turning right at a roundabout from the left hand lane so that you cut up everybody correctly using the right hand lane as they attempt to leave, whilst you meander on, in your own merry world. Oblivious to those braking and blowing their horns, as your blinkers prevent you from looking anywhere but forward.

(I have a friend who decides which lane to enter a roundabout, by which is the smallest. Not what direction do I wish to take.)

saucysaunders 07-08-14 11:57 AM

Started training again and have been on the protein shakes.
5 days later and I need a dump every hour! My insides are melting!!!

My office also stinks for some strange reason, although that's more likely everyone elses gripe of the day :)

TamSV 07-08-14 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timwilky (Post 2972365)
Turning right at a roundabout from the left hand lane so that you cut up everybody correctly using the right hand lane as they attempt to leave, whilst you meander on, in your own merry world. Oblivious to those braking and blowing their horns, as your blinkers prevent you from looking anywhere but forward.

(I have a friend who decides which lane to enter a roundabout, by which is the smallest. Not what direction do I wish to take.)

Have to agree with this one, plus the addition of no indicator usage so you're guessing their intentions.

It seems to happen so often that I wondered if they had changed the highway code and it was me that was wrong.

Spank86 07-08-14 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt-EUC (Post 2972317)
And people who indicate to go round parked cars!! What, you think I didn't see it?! You assumed I'd think you were going to plough straight into the ****ing back of it?! I know you're going to go round it you ****ing dumb ****!.

Perhaps you should check your highway code.

Matt-EUC 07-08-14 01:01 PM

Pretty sure it says moving vehicles... Probably wrong though, link?

Matt-EUC 07-08-14 01:02 PM

Regardless, it still ****es me off.

Spank86 07-08-14 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt-EUC (Post 2972381)
Pretty sure it says moving vehicles... Probably wrong though, link?

if you go round a car without leaving your lane no need to indicate, If you leave your lane you're supposed to.

Matt-EUC 07-08-14 01:04 PM

What about opposite junctions? I know full well they deserve a slap.

Spank86 07-08-14 03:43 PM

Not gonna read it but I'm pretty sure it's still the right thing to do.

Matt-EUC 07-08-14 05:54 PM

Pretty sure it's not.

thefallenangel 07-08-14 07:15 PM

Useless accountants trying to run an engineering department. You stick with pushing numbers round and battering people to bankruptcy while engineering keeps the world going!

MattCollins 07-08-14 09:16 PM

Is it December already?

carelesschucca 07-08-14 10:08 PM

my gripe for today is because of Siii... Ron, how dare you contact me just after five in the evening when I'm going out for a romantic meal with my wife and how dare you tell me that I have a space on a trackday tomorrow for very little money. How dare you make me loose concentration on my meal and my lovely wife and have to contact my boss to beg for a day off (which he's given at the cost of a pint next friday, more bleeding expense) it's just not on Ron... Just not on...

Spank86 07-08-14 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt-EUC (Post 2972442)
Pretty sure it's not.

pretty sure it is, unless indicating would create a danger, such as making someone turning out of a junction believe you meant to turn into it.

Bluepete 07-08-14 11:24 PM

People who ignore "out of office" replies on company email then whine like fecking bitches to your boss that you haven't replied to them.

Whilst I'm on holiday in Dorset.

Where they don't have interwebs yet.

goodgumbo 08-08-14 01:18 AM

Somebody said it before but, people who operate 2 tons of metal while looking at a tiny screen in their lap instead of their surroundings.

timwilky 08-08-14 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluepete (Post 2972524)
People who ignore "out of office" replies on company email then whine like fecking bitches to your boss that you haven't replied to them.

Whilst I'm on holiday in Dorset.

Where they don't have interwebs yet.

You have holidays? do you deserve one? have you made your target?

"I pay your wages" about time you harassed some real criminals instead of griping about people expecting you to do your job!

Anyway, if no 20th century communication in Dorset, htf did you post your gripe. Or did you only find out about the whining when you got back. hope the boss put them right.

timwilky 08-08-14 04:46 AM

Todays gripe.

E mail overload, just logged in and 200 mails since last night. 80% delete on sight. The rest, just keeping me in the loop type from the rest of the world to cover their arses. Nothing that actually requires my attention.

saucysaunders 08-08-14 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt-EUC (Post 2972442)
Pretty sure it's not.

You'd be a lot more annoyed if you didn't notice the parked car, and are just overtaking the driver when they pull out, knocking you off your bike.
This could all have been avoided if they did the thing you hate...

I swear this gripe is actually the dislike of drivers being considerate, looking in their mirrors, giving advance warning of what they're about to do and just generally driving properly...?

I'll assume you drive a BMW :P

Littlepeahead 08-08-14 07:37 AM

Unexpected item in bagging area.