SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Police policing the police demonstration (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=103257)

Fizzy Fish 23-01-08 01:04 PM

Police policing the police demonstration

It's official - I've looked out of the window at the police demonstration (about pay) and there are police policing it!

:smt046

Oh yeah, and is anyone up for a race while they're all tied up in Westminster?? :D ;)

Ping 23-01-08 01:05 PM

Re: Police policing the police demonstration

:lol: Awesome! :lol:

MiniMatt 23-01-08 01:15 PM

Teehee :D Was wondering about all that, and whether they needed to apply to the police for permission to protest etc. What safeguards were given that protesters would stay within the law, how are the organisers going to prevent "rogue elements" getting in and using the event as an excuse for violence?

Grinch 23-01-08 01:18 PM

Its ment to be about 18500 officers from Enland, Wales and N-Ireland. Plus colleagues from Scotland who are showing support as they did get the pay back dated.

MiniMatt 23-01-08 01:22 PM

My inner gremlin almost wants to see police baton and cavalry charges on the protesters :D

And I have a few memories of some police officers waving overtime slips at striking miners :D Perhaps that could be incorporated too? :D

Sorry, just stirring and causing trouble, as gremlins are want to do :D

SoulKiss 23-01-08 01:24 PM

Dont think you could fit the word "police" (or "policing") into that subject line any more if you tried :)

I do know of a way of using the word "and" 5 times in a row in a sentence tho.

Grinch 23-01-08 01:29 PM

You would think they could be trusted to ploice themselfs.

Lets see if someone breaks the law on there route and see 18500 officers behind them... lol.

Fizzy Fish 23-01-08 01:35 PM

:lol: it's certainly one of the most orderly demonstrations I've ever seen!

Caddy2000 23-01-08 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniMatt (Post 1394725)
Teehee :D Was wondering about all that, and whether they needed to apply to the police for permission to protest etc. What safeguards were given that protesters would stay within the law, how are the organisers going to prevent "rogue elements" getting in and using the event as an excuse for violence?

As if they would say no (although I wonder how many coppers took the overtime rather than go on the demo?:rolleyes:

northwind 23-01-08 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzy Fish (Post 1394716)
It's official - I've looked out of the window at the police demonstration (about pay) and there are police policing it!

That's so unfair, I'd hoped it was going to be policed by a bunch of anti-capitalist crusty anarchists :smt045