SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Unpaid fine and failing to produce... (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=210382)

hongman 22-05-14 05:31 AM

Unpaid fine and failing to produce...

Just before Xmas last year someone got pulled for something stupid they were doing.

The police issued a fine, and also told this person to produce documents at the station.

For reasons unknown this person had just realised they did neither.

It's been about 6 months now and nothing.

Has this person really got away with it, or what?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

PyroUK 22-05-14 06:05 AM

Unpaid fine and failing to produce...

Did they give their correct details at the time? Would have thought if they did then the coppers would have issued a NIP along with a declaration of who the driver was. Which if they were it has to be issued within 14 days of the offence.

Sadly they may have issued it and it's gotten lost in the post, if they did and can prove it was within 14 days of the offence then no, you ain't got away with it.

After the 14 days the deadline is for court proceedings to be issued within 6 months.

Let's hope you did though!

Littlepeahead 22-05-14 07:15 AM

Re: Unpaid fine and failing to produce...

Did said person move house in the last six months and did they inform the DVLA of their move?

hongman 22-05-14 07:58 AM

All correct details given, and yes said person did move house but DVLA was informed.

100% no letters landed!

JulesW 22-05-14 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hongman (Post 2957175)
All correct details given, and yes said person did move house but DVLA was informed.

100% no letters landed!

I'd feel a sense of relief if it was me :)

timwilky 22-05-14 08:12 AM

When I was a learner driver in the 70s, I got a producer, so did my mate in the passenger seat. He tore his up. As a result he got a £25 fine.

In the 80s, I got a producer and couldn't find my licence. Presented MOT and insurance. Summons arrived fro Leigh magistrates court stating on further investigation it was established Mr Wilkinson did hold a full licence for the class of vehicle he was driving". Still fined for failure to produce.

I have in the past waited over 5 months to get a letter that no further action is to be taken against me. They like to make you sweat the full 6 months.

Ch00 22-05-14 08:13 AM

No NIP needed as the person was reported at the time for the offence.

They have 6 months to start a prosecution. Your friend would get either a summons in the post or an offer to accept guilt and be given a fine outside of the court.

MisterTommyH 22-05-14 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch00 (Post 2957180)
No NIP needed

This.

An NIP is only needed to make you aware that you might be prosecuted if, for some reason, you didn't know there was any action ongoing (i.e. caught by a Gatso).

If stopped by a real life occifer then you consider yourself under investigation.

JulesW 22-05-14 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch00 (Post 2957180)

They have 6 months to start a prosecution.

and this

Quote:

It's been about 6 months now and nothing.
:cheers:

hongman 27-05-14 12:40 PM

I'll leave it another 4 weeks and then assume I somehow escaped the system :p

Thanks for all the advice