SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Ar 2015 (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=213130)

littleoldman2 11-09-14 08:36 PM

Re: Ar 2015

Cheers James, what a top man. Looking forward to it:D.

kaivalagi 11-09-14 08:57 PM

Anywhere there are good roads is good, I did thoroughly enough the AR this year, the routes were ace, especially the Sunday....but I think the GM2015 (which I will make every effort to get to next year) will cover the ace Scottish roads quite nicely based on what I saw from this years posts!

I'm up for Wales, and that's a long way from me, nearly as much as AR14 was, but as I've never really spent much time over there I reckon it would be a good adventure.

I'd also be up for the Lakes, I spent a day there not too long ago and the back roads were insanely undulating and winding, maybe a bit too much for some though? I know they're the most taxing roads I've ridden so far....the ones I found anyway :)

edit: WIfey just reminded me I may be away next year, plans are afoot for a trip to Fiji again, not been since 2012, this will be my backup plan for a summer treat now :(

Matt-EUC 11-09-14 09:59 PM

Ar 2015

Move the date for Fiji.

kaivalagi 11-09-14 10:44 PM

It'll likely be 4+ weeks during the school summer holidays, not much room to move...if I can do the AR date though I will, too good to miss if doable :)

Red Herring 12-09-14 08:13 AM

As I suggested on another thread, lets hold it at a circuit somewhere in Wales, book a group trackday on the Saturday, decent roads to ride on the Sunday, and usually ideal locations for loads of people to get together and generally have fun.... We could organize all kinds of other bike related tomfoolery as well, perhaps a gymkhana, a slow riding course....... best doughnut followed by a tyre changing challenge!

dizzyblonde 12-09-14 08:16 AM

Track days never have and never will appeal to me. If an AR was based around one, I wouldn't attend.
I go home on a Sunday as I have children.

carelesschucca 12-09-14 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Herring (Post 2978954)
As I suggested on another thread, lets hold it at a circuit somewhere in Wales, book a group trackday on the Saturday, decent roads to ride on the Sunday, and usually ideal locations for loads of people to get together and generally have fun.... We could organize all kinds of other bike related tomfoolery as well, perhaps a gymkhana, a slow riding course....... best doughnut followed by a tyre changing challenge!

Anglesey please it looks an amazing track since its been done up. Should be on the BSB calender if you ask me (shame no one does)

NTECUK 12-09-14 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyblonde (Post 2978955)
Track days never have and never will appeal to me. If an AR was based around one, I wouldn't attend.
I go home on a Sunday as I have children.

You could bring the kids and make a break of it like I did with my lot for AR14

dizzyblonde 12-09-14 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTECUK (Post 2978977)
You could bring the kids and make a break of it like I did with my lot for AR14

Personally speaking, I don't agree with taking kids to a weekend of adult nature. In that I mean, people are devoting their time off for a bit of R&R for their own entertainment.
I spend every minute of the day with a very active four year old. I can't wait to have a few hours away from him to myself. I wouldn't wish him upon anyone in a get together such as an AR...regardless of how cute they may think he is, I'm not getting a moments R&R myself. The teenager, well he ain't a problem. But again, why should others who work all week want somebody else's kid hanging about.

That's what we have family time and holidays for, not biking weekends where I want to drink copious amounts of alcohol and just not be mum ;)

NTECUK 12-09-14 11:02 AM

Ah I've only got the teenageer to worry about and being a grumpy git don't generally chat with the others on the run after the days events.
Not that your not all lovely people ;)