SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2011 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   AR11 Chattanooga chit chat (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=158703)

Berlin 14-10-10 11:17 AM

Re: Have you noticed it yet?

Anyone wo says "maybe" or "I'll try" in any thread to do with the AR11 means they aren't coming. They just want to feel like they're in the huddle.

Its a scientific fact. :D

Its next year! There's absolutely no reason barring death, redundancy or diablement that someone can't commit to this.

You can't say its because of money because you have 9 months to save. You can't say its because of time because a year is a good enough heads up. You can use an MOT, bust bike, worn tyres, flat battery or any other poor excuse. Its a year away! Plan better!

If you're going, you're going. None of this "I'll think about it" or "I'll try and make it" or "Hopefully, I can be there"

Commit! and go! :)

C

collis 14-10-10 11:17 AM

Re: AR11 Chattanooga chit chat

how are you going to be asking for suggestions?
I can think of somewhere but timing would be key to the run.

Messie 14-10-10 11:20 AM

Re: AR11 Chattanooga chit chat

We'll put up a thread asking for the proposals in detail, with a deadline.
Then we'll put the proposals into a poll and the one with the most votes wins!!

Quedos 14-10-10 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berlin (Post 2393710)
Anyone wo says "maybe" or "I'll try" in any thread to do with the AR11 means they aren't coming. They just want to feel like they're in the huddle.

Its next year! There's absolutely no reason barring death, redundancy or diablement that someone can't commit to this.

You can't say its because of money because you have 9 months to save. You can't say its because of time because a year is a good enough heads up. You can use an MOT, bust bike, worn tyres, flat battery or any other poor excuse. Its a year away! Plan better!

If you're going, you're going. None of this "I'll think about it" or "I'll try and make it" or "Hopefully, I can be there"

C

how about the fact that I can't ride to far because my back is shot I really don't fancy taking 3 days to get there. And yes I made Hovis's funeral but just ask Dizz what i was like at Sandbach on the way back ( and how many painkillers I downed). I need to know where location is before I can commit.

so:smt019:smt019:smt019

Specialone 14-10-10 12:02 PM

Quote:

C

+1, I WILL be there, end of, unless its Scotland, aint travelling that far ;)

Jabba 14-10-10 12:12 PM

Quote:

diablement

Someone turning into the Devil?

Berlin 14-10-10 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quedos (Post 2393721)
how about the fact that I can't ride to far because my back is shot I really don't fancy taking 3 days to get there. And yes I made Hovis's funeral but just ask Dizz what i was like at Sandbach on the way back ( and how many painkillers I downed). I need to know where location is before I can commit.

so:smt019:smt019:smt019

So why not say "I'd love to be there but I can't make it for my back, unless its just down the road".

And it must be some back problem if it's not going to be fixed in a years time! (seriously)

Stu 14-10-10 01:06 PM

Quote:

C

I don't remember ever seeing you there before? :???:

dizzyblonde 14-10-10 02:02 PM

I had a dream last night...:smt115and woke up wondering when the AR would resurface.
I better start bike training then:cheers:

Berlin 14-10-10 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 2393819)
I don't remember ever seeing you there before? :???:

I've never been, I've never suggested "I might go", I've not ever said "I'd maybe be there" or anything to that effect. I was racing the weekend it was on.

I've been running forums based trips for nearly a decade and anyone who doesn't fully commit isn't going to show up. They just want to feel part of the planning and groupiness of it all. The "ooh! Me too!" brigade.

Sorry if I've hit a nerve but one of my pet hates is no-shows. Say you're going to be there and be there, at the time you said you'd be there with the gear you said you'd bring and extra beers. :)

C