SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Soho Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   I can't believe I came off 3 days before the AR! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=136586)

martianskippy 28-07-09 09:23 PM

I can't believe I came off 3 days before the AR!

Nothing serious happened to me as was only doing 15-20 mph but the bike is now missing right footpeg.. AGAIN!!!

Was approaching the roundabout by the Arsenal stadium and couldn't see anything in my way so started accelerating just to notice a cage entering the same roundabout from the right. No panic at this point as I hit the anchors thinking there's eneough space to brake, but.. I forgot I only just got out of a car wash (getting the bike ready for the AR) and my tyres are still completely wet and doused in all sorts of cleaning liquids.. you can guess the outcome : the front starts sliding all around the place and finally goes to the left with me landing on the right (AGAIN) with the bike on top off me.

Couple of cagers stopped to see if I was OK but no one helped bloody lift the bike up :( In the end I thought there was no real damage (any scratches on the bike would not be noticed among previous scratches...) and only when I wheeled the bike to the side some kids started pointing to the footpeg lying in the middle of the roundabout....

EVERYONE NOW PLEASE PRAY I MANAGE TO GET A NEW FOOTPEG BY FRIDAY MORNING!!!!!

Cazza 28-07-09 09:28 PM

Re: I can't believe I came off 3 days before the AR!

Oh no! Hope you're okay Martin. :(

Spiderman 28-07-09 09:55 PM

Awno, Martin i'm so sorry to hear this man. And here i was feeling bad cos i picked up a puncture somewhere tonight on the way to or back from pizza night.

Stu 28-07-09 09:59 PM

Glad not to serious.
Good luck getting a replacement in time. Now if you'd only stuck to an SV650 you would have 1 or 2 offers including delivery to a mutually convient meeting point :lol:

Davies 28-07-09 10:25 PM

Glad you're ok mate.

Will any other Yamaha ones fit?

monkey 28-07-09 10:29 PM

You muppet! I would say I have a shiny sports bike you can use for the weekend but you'd only throw it down the road.

See you soon.

martianskippy 28-07-09 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davies (Post 1986881)
Glad you're ok mate.

Will any other Yamaha ones fit?

Don't think so, as neither of the aftermarket ones i found had FZ6 listed in their fitment chart, but had all the R6's and others..

However, just managed to get a 2nd hand footpeg for FZ6 N of fleabay. The chap promissed to send it 24 hour guaranteed delivery 1st thing tomorrow so providing it fits, the problem might have already been fixed :)

metalmonkey 28-07-09 11:20 PM

Oh dude, sorry to hear that; good to hear all is on the mend.

See ya Friday:D

JediGoat 28-07-09 11:38 PM

Ah poo :(

Look on the bright side, you could have banged yourself badly with the bike falling on you...or look on the brighter side, think of what damage to the bike you saved by lying underneath it! ;)

I hope you get it fixed in time.

Jo

martianskippy 29-07-09 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey (Post 1986883)
You muppet! I would say I have a shiny sports bike you can use for the weekend but you'd only throw it down the road.

See you soon.

Sad but true I'm afraid..