SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   K-tech front springs and spacer length (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=236348)

tojo82 07-06-20 10:11 AM

K-tech front springs and spacer length

Hi all I have just ordered s on me heavier springs from Brook suspension. I am able to do a fork service etc and am competent enough to perform the task. I have read that the k-tech springs are shorter? If that is the case is that a problem? Do i need longer spacers and do I put the stock amount of oil in again? Thanks in advance. For the record I'm 5'11" 108kgs I ordered 10.0 n/mm springs and 15 weight oil.

Sean_Morgan 07-06-20 10:22 AM

Re: K-tech front springs and spacer length

For me personally, when I did mine a couple of weeks ago, I used .95 springs, rsf10 oil and the standard spacers. I also went with the oil level listed in the manual.
Everything went back together nicely and, after setting the pre load, the front end suits me perfectly and is a huge improvement over the stock springs.
As was said to me at the time I was seeking advice, it will be a process of experimenting with different oil levels and spacer lengths until you get it tuned to where you want it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Adam Ef 07-06-20 11:50 AM

My pointy springs were shorter than the K-Tech so I cut about 1cm off the spacers. I fitted it all without trimming and preload was all the way out, so pulled spacers out, trimmed them and then I had preload in an adjustable range.

tojo82 07-06-20 11:53 AM

Okay so go with everything stock oil level etc and see how it goes even if they're shorter. Thank you

Bibio 07-06-20 12:08 PM

the ktech should be longer. measure the old springs then measure the new springs, the difference is what you cut off the spacer. if you need longer spacers then plumbing waste pipe is good and cheap.

tojo82 07-06-20 04:05 PM

Oh okay the Internet said in many places it was shorter. It was more of me knowing how much oil should I put in

Bibio 07-06-20 04:18 PM

put 0.5l in each leg then adjust oil height to 95mm ish without springs and stanchion compressed in each leg. the exact amount is 92mm for the 03 onwards (pointy) Naked and 94mm for the Sport.

tojo82 07-06-20 04:22 PM

Perfect so I'll get a metal ruler and measure 92mm in to it

Sean_Morgan 07-06-20 04:49 PM

Judging by the state of the oil when I did mine I would say that the springs I swapped were the original.
The ktech springs I got were shorter than the ones that were in there, but not by much

Sean_Morgan 07-06-20 04:55 PM

Other than that I followed the exact same procedure as Bibio has posted above