SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Riding with no end can (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=118509)

Blue_SV650S 28-09-08 07:13 PM

Riding with no end can

My latest ‘thing’ is to go out for a ride .. get into the middle of nowhere, remove the can (inc. link pipe), stick it in my rucksack (once it has cooled a little ;)) and then ride about round the backroads with no exhaust … 8)

Anyone else do/done this just to see what it is like?!!?

flymo 28-09-08 07:14 PM

Re: Riding with no end can

err, No. cant say I have.

Blue_SV650S 28-09-08 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flymo (Post 1637389)
err, No. cant say I have.

I am not sure if it actually sounds 'good' but it is f-loud when she is on full chat ... and quite exciting pretending you are on a moto GP bike!! ! :D

chakraist 28-09-08 07:23 PM

lol, this is not something I have ever considered doing either, might just be you!

SuzukiNess 28-09-08 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S (Post 1637395)
and quite exciting pretending you are on a moto GP bike!! ! :D

your posts are so funny! :rolleyes:

some days just arent complete without a post from Blue ;)

Interceptor 28-09-08 07:32 PM

Can't say I've done it on a bike, but many years ago I decided I wanted to make a straight-through system for my Vauxhall 2300cc Viva.... worked for a Vauxhall main dealer at the time so I just helped myself to a nice selection of 2nd hand exhausts in the old exhaust skip

while I was fabricating it at home at the weekend, my old boy came outside to ask me what I was doing, when I told him he just shook his head and went back in the house....

Finished it off, proudly fired it up and went for a blast....

15 minutes later I was back home putting the old one back on......It was unbearable!!!!

Suppose my old fella knew best after all........:rolleyes:

hope yours sounds better... it's just one of those things you have to get out of your system.....

flymo 28-09-08 07:58 PM

I raced my FZR400 for 5 years on a can that was too loud for the racing regs ;-) It had a Vance and Hines race system putting out a measured 109dB!

Funny thing was that whenever I came back off the track to the pits and caught site of the sound tester man I always killed the engine and coasted as if out of fuel. Ah those were the days.

It did sound awesome though.

kwak zzr 28-09-08 08:07 PM

ive heard an R1 with no can on before = evil it was :)

yorkie_chris 28-09-08 08:46 PM

I nearly put solid pipe down middle of can, but decided against it. Now it's still just excessive rather than monstrous.

gettin2dizzy 28-09-08 09:02 PM

Yup :thumbsup:

Right in Manchester city center ;)