SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   RST heated gloves (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=230410)

Seeker 23-08-18 01:27 PM

RST heated gloves

Sportsbikeshop are selling RST heated gloves for £159.99 instead of £189.99, so I bought a pair.

I've tried heated grips (nope), handlebar guards (helped), winter gloves (nope) and wearing upto 3 pairs of gloves, silk, fleece and leather (essential for me when below 6°C). Last year the RST gloves were down to £129 and I missed it, they disappeared for a while and then returned at £189 (yikes). So, at their current (ouch!) price, I thought I'd give them a try, I didn't want to be connected to the bike's electrics so these seemed a good compromise.

zsv650s 03-09-18 05:45 PM

Re: RST heated gloves

How you supposed to take a nap on the motorway then;)

timwilky 01-11-18 09:54 AM

I have a pair of Biketek heated gloves. Unsightly as they look like old fashioned gauntlets and lack the protection of my normal kevlar braced gloves. but for those dry cold days in winter they are toast.

I have some circulation issues, hands and feet are cold by Autumn and I keep promising myself heated sock/pants to encourage me out when the temps drop

Craig380 01-11-18 10:48 AM

I was looking at those on eBay, and of course it also threw up a load of Chinese-sourced heated gloves for less than £20 including batteries and charger. I was tempted to order a pair of the cheap ones just to see how good/crap they are.

They're more like ski gloves than bike gloves, and don't have the armour or the quality of the RST ones but it would be interesting to see if they're effective.

Adam Ef 01-11-18 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig380 (Post 3094323)
I was looking at those on eBay, and of course it also threw up a load of Chinese-sourced heated gloves for less than £20 including batteries and charger. I was tempted to order a pair of the cheap ones just to see how good/crap they are.

These have the added bonus of heating your house when they're charging. The only downside is they heat your house with flames when the battery and charger catches fire, usually in the middle of the night.

littleoldman2 01-11-18 10:03 PM

I'm on my second pair of Gerbings. Wore the leather through on the clutch fingers on the first pair.

Toooldtodie 12-11-18 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleoldman2 (Post 3094352)
I'm on my second pair of Gerbings. Wore the leather through on the clutch fingers on the first pair.

****! Just bought a pair. How long before they wore through?

They are no bulkier than my wp usual glove and the fit and finish seem good.
I live in hope.

littleoldman2 12-11-18 11:24 PM

I'm sure I did over 40,000 miles in them, I worn them in the summer when it wasn't to hot and even took them to Tuscany, Austria, Spain and the Balkans on tour. The heating still worked but of course as soon as the leather went so did the gortex lining.

Toooldtodie 13-11-18 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleoldman2 (Post 3094881)
I'm sure I did over 40,000 miles in them, I worn them in the summer when it wasn't to hot and even took them to Tuscany, Austria, Spain and the Balkans on tour. The heating still worked but of course as soon as the leather went so did the gortex lining.

Oh, right.
Should be ok for a while then! :cheers: