SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2008 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Is it an anybody turn up event? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=101832)

G 19-12-07 03:48 PM

Is it an anybody turn up event?

I have not been before, and I have not been on many general get together's via the .org. So is it an anyone turn up and get made to feel welcome/join in type event this? or is more of, if you don't really know anyone before hand then you may feel quite awkward type thing.

Maybe a stupid question I know :( but the thought of a camping trip with a crap load of rumbling sv's in convoy is pretty damn appealing.

hovis 19-12-07 03:51 PM

Re: Is it an anybody turn up event?

i think you will find, that there ar'nt that many SV's

fizzwheel 19-12-07 03:56 PM

Everybody welcome, if you don't know anybody turn up, after a few hours chatting and few beers you'll soon make plenty of new friends.

Stig 19-12-07 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 1369018)
i think you will find, that there ar'nt that many SV's

I think you'll find that the SV's will still far out number non SV's.

Jester666 19-12-07 05:23 PM

Which is correct considering its an SV forum meet!! All welcome though!

Drew Carey 19-12-07 08:10 PM

Glad to hear its open to all and all will be freindly. I'm already thinking of taking a long break with the lady and incorporating AR08 and visiting my best mate in Exeter.

Plus, 7 months will fly by.

Dan 19-12-07 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graemepaterson (Post 1369012)
I have not been before, and I have not been on many general get together's via the .org. So is it an anyone turn up and get made to feel welcome/join in type event this? or is more of, if you don't really know anyone before hand then you may feel quite awkward type thing.

Maybe a stupid question I know :( but the thought of a camping trip with a crap load of rumbling sv's in convoy is pretty damn appealing.

At AR07 I was about the sixth person to turn up and within ten seconds of getting my helmet off Stewie was welcoming me, offering me a sidestand puck and asking if I wanted a hand putting my tent up.

And I didn't know anyone.

Jester666 19-12-07 08:34 PM

Ahhh Stewie and his famous pucks!! What a guy!! :lol:

He could have made a fortune by sellin them!! :lol:

G 19-12-07 09:45 PM

Sounds good, i have mentioned it to my girlfriend and by the sounds of it she wouldnt mind coming too:) I'm pretty slow with the lady on board, would that likely be a problem?

fizzwheel 19-12-07 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graemepaterson (Post 1369347)
would that likely be a problem?

No, its a sensibly paced rideout around some nice roads, taking in a few bits and pieces of local scenary and interest. It caters for all ability / level of rider so it wont be slow but it won't be mega fast either. You'll be fine with a pillion on the back.