SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2006 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   What's good to bring for camping? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=74033)

Spiderman 03-07-06 02:39 PM

What's good to bring for camping?

Help.

Whats everyone bringing as far as camping stuff goes?

its been years since i slept in the great outdoors and when i did it wasn't a case of getting everything on the bike either.

So far, apart from clothing, i have this very short list.

1 x sleeping bag
1 x tent
1 x torch.

i'm sure a ground mat thingy would be good too but they are so bulky that they are twice the size of my sleeping bag when thats compressed down.

I'm lucky as i may be able to put the tent i'm borrowing in some kindly souls car and dont have to carry that but what else am i missing from that list?

Stu 03-07-06 02:42 PM

Try a lilo instead of foam mat?

Viney 03-07-06 02:44 PM

Spidey, thats about it to be honest. A few carrier bags for putting (if you need to) wet shoes items in etc.

As for a roll mat. Not sure where you are based, but a trip to Decathlon in Surrey Quays is worth a visit. They do the self inflating roll mats for about £15. Smaller than a foam mat, and more comfortable to.

Spiderman 03-07-06 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viney
Spidey, thats about it to be honest. A few carrier bags for putting (if you need to) wet shoes items in etc.

As for a roll mat. Not sure where you are based, but a trip to Decathlon in Surrey Quays is worth a visit. They do the self inflating roll mats for about £15. Smaller than a foam mat, and more comfortable to.

Thats not a bad price, the ones at the shop i bought my sleeping bag from were the same if not more than the bag. :shock:

Always take carrier bags with me on long trips, you just never know when you'll need one ;)

Marshall 03-07-06 03:51 PM

im bringing

1x Tent
1x Sleeping Bag
1x Roll Mat
1x Torch if i can find it
1x Toilet Roll (important that one is)
1x Marshall
1x Bike
+ Assorted Clothes, plastic bags, roll of duck tape

Viney 03-07-06 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman
Quote:

Originally Posted by Viney

Thats not a bad price, the ones at the shop i bought my sleeping bag from were the same if not more than the bag. :shock:

Always take carrier bags with me on long trips, you just never know when you'll need one ;)

Is the one i got Costs £15 in store, although £20 isnt bad, and i found this more comfortable than the more expensive ones.

timwilky 03-07-06 04:09 PM

only thing worth taking with you camping is a credit card to book into the nearest reasonable hotel.

Sorry I cannot get my head round the idea of sleeping under canvas on the deck. Yes I have done it 30 years ago and discovered that I prefer comfortable beds, hot showers, clean bathrooms, full english in the morning.

Spiderman 03-07-06 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timwilky
only thing worth taking with you camping is a credit card to book into the nearest reasonable hotel.

Sorry I cannot get my head round the idea of sleeping under canvas on the deck. Yes I have done it 30 years ago and discovered that I prefer comfortable beds, hot showers, clean bathrooms, full english in the morning.

So do i normaly mate but seeing as mrs spidey aint comming i thought i'd rough it. I do enjoy a night or 2 under canvass anyway. The fresh air, the smell of cows, the incesant mozzies drivning you mad. Ooooh thats reminded me to bring some citronella incense for the tent. keep those little blood suckers out.

Grinch 03-07-06 04:41 PM

Might want to think about shoes.. after all you don't want to spend the time not on the bike in your boots...

Tara 03-07-06 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinch
Might want to think about shoes.. after all you don't want to spend the time not on the bike in your boots...

I did last year :shock: