SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Been T-boned on the way to work - UPDATED (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=132860)

fatneck 29-05-09 11:39 PM

Re: Been T-boned on the way to work,,

Get insurance and legal people on it immediately.

Kilted Ginger 29-05-09 11:40 PM

yep definately, loss of earnings, physical and emotional pain etc

Dave20046 29-05-09 11:44 PM

was about to congratulate you when I first clicked on this but must have misread the title :rolleyes:

sorry to hear it, stupidly common. careful everyone!

Goodluck monsieur rat

Ratty 30-05-09 12:16 AM

Yep, I get straight on it tomorrow. Hitting the whiskey right now because I'm not due to sleep until 5 am this morning. I've accrued stacks of sick pay but will lose shed loads of overtime pay.

Thanks for all the support guys. I really appreciate it. Hopefully my mates can pick up bike from work later today, Otherwise I'll be on here asking who wants to pick up an SV thou from a airfield with a 7500ft runway. May struggle for vouleteers :D

Ratty

Jamiebridges123 30-05-09 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saoralba (Post 1925240)
Grrrr cagers... :(

Yup...

Well, coulda been worse.. good thing you stayed on! Sucks having that happen this time of year though.. :(

yorkie_chris 30-05-09 03:35 PM

Sorry to hear about your foot.
Re. the witnesses, if they make that statement then I don't think you would have any issue with liability.

Ratty this is not directed at you, but I see absolutely loads of bikes filtering right next to cars when there is no oncoming traffic for miles. Right in the space that would be at risk first from U turners, people pulling out to turn right, doors opening and all manner of caged stupidity.

shonadoll 30-05-09 03:37 PM

Rotten luck, I hope you heal soon. Glad you spent the extra on good kit.

cb5_keith 30-05-09 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorkie_chris (Post 1925501)
Re. the witnesses, if they make that statement then I don't think you would have any issue with liability.

Not always. Similar thing happened to me, the driver admitted liability at the scene and on the phone to me at a later date. The insurance company turned around and said he didn't admit liability, and that it was my fault. At the end of a long case, including drawings, statements, phone calls, more statements, I was indeed not liable. But just because they say it at the scene doesn't always mean the other guys insurance company will say it, or make it easy for you.

Good luck with it all though, and well done for not lamping her...:smt079

Ratty 30-05-09 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yorkie_chris (Post 1925501)
Sorry to hear about your foot.

Ratty this is not directed at you, but I see absolutely loads of bikes filtering right next to cars when there is no oncoming traffic for miles. Right in the space that would be at risk first from U turners, people pulling out to turn right, doors opening and all manner of caged stupidity.

No problem mate but there was a reasonable gap, it's just the speed she came out and I was already there.

Bikes just come home and the lads have not found any other problems. Broken fairing panel and fairing bracket bent, hanger / heel plate and the BOS needs a re-sleeve. The TCX boots have stood up really well cosidering the impact. The plastic reinforcings are gouged where they have peen forced into the footrest hanger and heel plate and they have bumper scuffs on the outside leather. Just the suspected broken foot that has prevented a real get out of jail free type thing.

May well be advertising a track day at Anglesey on Sat 20/6 if I have to stay in the cast. Watch this space.

Ratty

captainsmelly 30-05-09 11:14 PM

T-Boned, broken foot and you stayed on?! Hardcore! Get well soon mate, well done keeping it upright!