SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Thames Valley (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Tuesday 2nd Oct - Pub meet (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=97627)

KnightRider 27-09-07 02:40 PM

Tuesday 2nd Oct - Pub meet

Thought I would kick of a thread for the next meet. Technically I think we should be at the Fleur De Lis (sp) but as this isnt close to anyone so can I suggest that we meet at the Shire Horse this time (as we get the best attendance at this pub).

I will then bring a print of the members map and the pubs that people have told me about so that we can all sit down and work out where we want the next meets to take place and whether we want to rotate or not.

Does that sound good to everyone?

Jon

Warthog 27-09-07 03:04 PM

Re: Tuesday 2nd Oct - Pub meet

Sounds fine to me, but what is wrong with the fleur-de-lis? I have never been there, but it seems closer to me and Phil, and you can get food there. I think I would like to go earlier and eat food, so that it is still light for biking.

StreetHawk 27-09-07 03:33 PM

TBH I didn't think much of the Fleur De Lis.. The locals didn't seem too impressed with us either.. Reckon we find a new pub to replace it. Shire Horse sounds good to me.

I should be ok for tuesday. :-)

StreetHawk 27-09-07 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 1298858)
Thought I would kick of a thread for the next meet. Technically I think we should be at the Fleur De Lis (sp) but as this isnt close to anyone so can I suggest that we meet at the Shire Horse this time (as we get the best attendance at this pub).

I will then bring a print of the members map and the pubs that people have told me about so that we can all sit down and work out where we want the next meets to take place and whether we want to rotate or not.

Does that sound good to everyone?

Jon

Wanna swap bikes?

ASM-Forever 27-09-07 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_1871 (Post 1298896)
TBH I didn't think much of the Fleur De Lis.. The locals didn't seem too impressed with us either.. Reckon we find a new pub to replace it. Shire Horse sounds good to me.

I should be ok for tuesday. :-)

Is that the one in Stokenchurch?

If so the chavski's were giving off a you 'eyeballing my hoochie' vibe.

KnightRider 27-09-07 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_1871 (Post 1298899)
Wanna swap bikes?

Dream on Kwak boy[-X.

As for the Fleur De Lis. I agree with Nick_1871. It wasn't the nicest of pubs and the yocals weren't too impressed with us - the food was cheap though.

My overall plan was for this meet to be in a central location to get a large turn out. That way we can sit down as a group and figure out once and for all what pubs we will be visiting and when. If we all decide that we like the Fleur De Lis then we can keep it on the list and go next time.

Sound okay?

Warthog 27-09-07 04:34 PM

I haven't been there, so I'll take your word for it! Shire Horse is fine for me anyway.

Stig 27-09-07 05:39 PM

Where's the bloody poll :?:

Do I have to do everything around here :?: :rolleyes:

Oh and I'll be there. Where ever there is.

Stig 27-09-07 05:42 PM

Poll now added. :thumleft:

Stig 27-09-07 05:45 PM

Stats alert.

There are now 17 people on the TV Map. Wonder how many of them will be at the pub on Tuesday :?:

Hmmmmm :-k