SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Photos (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Early morning rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=152436)

Brettus 31-05-10 02:57 PM

Early morning rideout

Went for a short ride today, found myself at Lake Vyrnwy. Got some nice pics i think. Have a look if you have chance :-)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brettne...213151/detail/

garynortheast 31-05-10 08:37 PM

Re: Early morning rideout

I may have seen you in Welshpool as you were going there. Be about 11.15am, I was walking down the back road near the zebra crossing with my daughters when you went past me. Blue curvy with top half fairing?

mister c 01-06-10 05:28 AM

Nice pics. I need a decent camera, better start saving up

Brettus 01-06-10 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 2283364)
I may have seen you in Welshpool as you were going there. Be about 11.15am, I was walking down the back road near the zebra crossing with my daughters when you went past me. Blue curvy with top half fairing?

Ah damn, not me, I was at Vyrnwy before 8am and riding a pointy. Shame, its quite nice to be noticed :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mister c (Post 2283551)
Nice pics. I need a decent camera, better start saving up

Definitely! I'd be interested to see the pics, bet you'd get some crackers.

Lots of people think a DSLR makes taking good pictures easier, not true, what it gives you is merely a bigger toolbox to take the pictures. how you use them is up to you.

I tried some 30 second shots of the lake yesterday but they didnt work out right, maybe if it'd have been windier or i'd been closer to the water I guess. Just made it look matte. hey ho, ramble over :)

gettin2dizzy 01-06-10 03:22 PM

Very nice. What glass you got on the front of that?

Brettus 01-06-10 03:51 PM

thanks, nothing special sadly, but a do it all 28-300mm, means I'm not faffing around swapping lenses if I'm out on a rideout/photo trip etc. only got 2 lenses at the moment, 90mm tamron macro is the other.

BanannaMan 02-06-10 01:40 AM

Great pics!!!
Thanks for sharing!

Quiff Wichard 02-06-10 09:57 AM

we were goin to go to lake Vyrnwryywywyyy when we were out but I couldnt remember where it was or how to spell it !!!

as always from you ace pics.. looking forward to a chat on the 6th Brett

Ed 02-06-10 10:58 AM

I've never noticed that little outlet house before... the lake really is stunning.

Brettus 02-06-10 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard (Post 2284700)
we were goin to go to lake Vyrnwryywywyyy when we were out but I couldnt remember where it was or how to spell it !!!

as always from you ace pics.. looking forward to a chat on the 6th Brett

aww, you are my own personal fan club Quiff ;)

Glad you like em, makes it more fun taking them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed (Post 2284735)
I've never noticed that little outlet house before... the lake really is stunning.

I thought it was quite neat. At the risk of showing my ignorance, what the heck is that huge tower for out in the lake? anyone know?

Edit: Ah found it, wiki is ace:
Quote:

Approximately 1,000 metres (3,300 ft) from the dam is the reservoir's straining tower. Standing only 30 metres (98 ft) from the shore its purpose is to filter or strain out material in the water with a fine metal mesh, before the water flows along the aqueduct to Liverpool. Its architecture is Gothic and built during the same time as the dam. The tower as a whole is 63 metres (207 ft) tall, 15 metres (49 ft) of which is underwater. The other 48 metres (157 ft) is above water, and is topped with a pointed copper clad roof, which makes it look light green.