SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   The running thread. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=229193)

garynortheast 03-10-20 10:07 AM

Re: The running thread.

Out with a friend and all the dogs for a warm, drizzly, early morning run of just over 3 miles in local forest.

Sir Trev 03-10-20 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3120618)
Out with a friend and all the dogs for a warm, drizzly, early morning run of just over 3 miles in local forest.

Hope it helped clear the head a bit Gary.

garynortheast 03-10-20 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Trev (Post 3120624)
Hope it helped clear the head a bit Gary.

It did help Trev, almost always does, at least while I’m running and often longer term too.

garynortheast 05-10-20 08:36 AM

Very pleasant, slow, early morning run of just under 7 miles, over the allt and out to Pont Llogel and back with a mate from up the lane. Perfect running conditions, not too warm.

garynortheast 23-10-20 07:21 PM

Out for the first time since injuring my ribs a fortnight ago. A fabulous run with a couple of canicross friends, of just over 12 miles in Glyn Ceiriog. A great mix of landscapes, terrain, and weather, all in excellent company.

garynortheast 28-10-20 07:07 PM

Two runs of just over 3.1 miles around the same route, one on Monday afternoon and one late today.
At under 30 minutes, this evening's run was around 3 minutes faster than the same run on Monday. Given the route, the terrain, and some of the fierce, if short, hills I'm really pleased with that.

garynortheast 03-11-20 05:52 PM

Slower run today of 3.1 miles around a local forest. I struggled for grip in the very slippery conditions as my Inov8 Roclites are getting pretty worn out now.

shiftin_gear98 04-11-20 09:05 AM

I went to club intervals last night, basically running around in circles. That too was a bit on the slick side.
However if the weather stays like it was this morning on my cycle into work -1 degrees, then it should be nice and crunchy soon.

I do need to get out more, as my fitness isn't all that at the moment. I do however prefer running over winter compared to the sweltering heat of summer, so I just need to get my ass in gear and crack on.

garynortheast 14-11-20 06:18 PM

Lovely, leisurely, misty, muddy 8 mile run with a friend and our hounds, Max the husky and Mabel the lurcher, this morning. Both dogs have been snoozing all day!

garynortheast 01-01-21 10:08 PM

I have done a few runs between the last post here and this one, I just forgot to log them here!

Out today for the first run of the year. It gave me the chance to try out the very nice trail shoes my daughter Sioned bought me for Christmas. They're a pair of Altra Lone Peak 4.5 shoes and they are so comfortable and very grippy in the mud.

So, 4.21 miles over the allt, and up the zig zag. A bit of a slow one as I've not run for a couple of weeks. Lots of stops to take pictures and also to have a chat with a neighbour.

Nice to be out there.