SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Speed awareness course vs 3 points (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=168236)

maviczap 30-06-11 08:28 PM

Re: Speed awareness course vs 3 points

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalangel (Post 2566193)
My course had some sort of conditions against it, having done the course if there were any similar incidents in the following three years you weren't eligible for it again, or something like that.

yep

beabert 30-06-11 11:11 PM

It was ok, it wasn't what i was expecting. You wont learn a thing if you have recently passed your test. However, the older drivers seemed to take something away from it though, so the course can be beneficial.

timwilky 01-07-11 05:49 AM

when I got my first ever points in 30 years of holding a licence (35 in a 30) no offer of a course, talking to a few cops they said they didn't ticket for less than 40. It confirmed my view that the scamera at the bottom of a hill is a revenue creation device with no safety implications.

There appears to be no consistent policy, step mum was caught at 38 and given a course.

Scoobs 01-07-11 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fizzy Fish (Post 2566074)
You didn't say whether there was spanking. Could make all the difference to my choice! ;)

I'm sure they can accommodate either way Ness. ;)

The Idle Biker 01-07-11 07:05 AM

I had to book a speed awareness course online yesterday. I'll keep an open mind and I'm sure I'll learn one or two good tips. Its a good option to take. My Missus did one last month in Bournemouth and used the rest of the day to lounge at the seaside. I chose the Winchester venue because its at the end of the A272 and I can hack down the twisties there and back!

collis 01-07-11 12:03 PM

personally i'd fight the ticket instead of doing either, couple of stamps cost less than £60

daveyrach 01-07-11 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collis (Post 2566590)
personally i'd fight the ticket instead of doing either, couple of stamps cost less than £60

Why bother when you have been caught fair and square, weather 5mph or 50mph over speeding is speeding, also if you fight it and you lose you'll end up with a bigger fine, had a mate fought a ticket, ended up with 4 points, £175 fine & £25 costs to pay!

Ian P 03-07-11 06:22 PM

did a speed awareness cse just before christmas last year, got caught in the company car just over the limit . when notified of the option of cse or points i opted for the cse. and to be honest i found it quite informative, and its changed the way i drive ( but not the way i ride).