SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2010 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   AR 10 - Your memories ? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=155709)

-Ralph- 09-08-10 10:46 AM

Re: AR 10 - Your memories ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialone (Post 2338543)
I bet your luggage rack was comfortable for DMC :)

Kind of makes a bit of a joke of the weight limits for these luggage racks doesn't it! It is the OEM Yamaha one though and bolts directly into the frame (there is no separate rear subframe, it's all one fabricated piece of steel tubing, head, engine cradle, side spars and tail), it's not an aftermarket one from Renntec or the like.

iffy 09-08-10 12:11 PM

Meeting up with lots of familiar faces, and meeting some new ones.

My one-man ride up the Neath road.

Riding back over the 1,000 Sheep Road on my own. The sheep wander about a lot more when there are not 100 bikes bearing down on them!

The ever friendly BBC!!

Hope to see you all again next year.

Iffy

Littlepeahead 09-08-10 12:38 PM

Not sure if this link will work. Darren demonstrates how to pack up your tent...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=245949&id=579090902&saved#!/video/video.php?v=458956970902

(Please be advised, this video contains strong language and scenes of frustration)

kellyjo 09-08-10 12:53 PM

Finally getting to meet, say hi, and thank all the great guys n gals on here who have helped and encouraged me since I joined just over a year ago.... you're all FANTASTIC :smt055

The great roads and views, never to be forgotten - in particular the very close encounter the yellow bandit in front had when the sheep decided to wander out in front of it (sorry, didnt know who you and your pillion were, just glad you braked in time), made my butt clench!!!

On the third section, back along 1000 sheep road and the following 30 miles, I finally found myself in 'the zone' on my new bike, proper mental and a real thrill, i'm still buzzing :p

Still wish i'd got more involved in the social antics, will just have to come again for AR11 ;)

A great weekend, thanks. I rode out this morning and really missed my 100 playmates :riding:

Drew Carey 09-08-10 01:44 PM

I have one memory which over arches all the others from the weekend......You Guys.

Without the peeps of the org the roads etc would not be worth it.

However, if I had to pick 1 moment......simple.....

Me and Dyzio sat on the left hand bend going up from Llandovery, we suddenly hear the thunder of 100 bikes climbing the mountain. Then suddenly, all these bikes were coming past with their left knee about 5 inches from Dyzio's head.

I hope that those piccies will be amazing. Was a buzz to sit there seeing all the smiles on everyone's faces behind the visors.

keith_d 09-08-10 01:56 PM

The slow group from Soho had been stuck in a bit of traffic (some numpty had trashed his car) and were running a bit behind schedule. So we stopped for an overdue break at a Little Chef. Five minutes later the fast group, who set out before us, turn up in the same Little Chef.

maviczap 09-08-10 02:13 PM

Another classic, Sunday morning in the Dorm

I get up, Ed says, "Good morning, what time is it?"

Me: "errr ten to nine"

Ed: " Oh, I was hoping you'd said ten to seven" Ed hides back under the covers :p

Messie 09-08-10 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith_d (Post 2338915)
The slow group from Soho had been stuck in a bit of traffic (some numpty had trashed his car) and were running a bit behind schedule. So we stopped for an overdue break at a Little Chef. Five minutes later the fast group, who set out before us, turn up in the same Little Chef.

yeah and ....
it was at least 10 minutes and we'd got stuck behind a traction engine and we stopped for fule and and and...

we wanted to meet with you anyway!
Funny thing was, it was the same Little Chef where AR05 (I think) started!

fizzwheel 09-08-10 02:18 PM

Squirrel Hunter saying to me on Saturday night that he wasnt able to overtake me on 1000 sheep road :cool:

kwak zzr 09-08-10 02:20 PM

Memories of the AR?

hummm

ALL OF IT!!! IT WAS BRILL!!!