SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2010 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   AR 10 - Your memories ? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=155709)

Supervox 08-08-10 03:48 PM

AR 10 - Your memories ?

Among the memories that I take away from AR10 are :-

Girth and his horse - just fantastic !!

Bear - I'm tempted to say for every single thing he said & did throughout the weekend; but, his managing to 'pull' one of the local Valley Boys within 20 seconds of entering the nightclub was just awesome to behold :cool:

'The Hairpin' - 45 minutes in to Leg 1 of the rideout and I'm just starting to relax & enjoy the ride with my unfamiliar (but beautiful) pillion & what am I faced with ? A wet, greasy, close-as-damn-it replica of The Ramsey Hairpin - thanks Stretchie !!! To anyone who was behind me I apologise as the sight of me all but 'paddling' my way round, upright at about 15 mph must almost have been funny enough to cause an accident !

maviczap 08-08-10 03:57 PM

Re: AR 10 - Your memories ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supervox (Post 2338312)
'The Hairpin' - 45 minutes in to Leg 1 of the rideout and I'm just starting to relax & enjoy the ride with my unfamiliar (but beautiful) pillion passenger & what am I faced with ? A wet, greasy, close-as-damn-it replica of The Ramsey Hairpin - thanks Stretchie !!! To anyone who was behind me I apologise as the sight of me all but 'paddling' my way round, upright at about 15 mph must almost have been funny enough to cause an accident !

Think this is where Quiff nearly went straight on just after passing me :p

Seeing the bikes snaking up the mountain road ahead of me on stage 3 or 4

Losing my tent,mat & pillow when the bungee cord went ping :confused:

Dicky Tickers snoring :rolleyes:

Stig 08-08-10 04:49 PM

It was a blur, I can't remember a thing. :wink:

Specialone 08-08-10 04:57 PM

I remember everything up to the point of the tent pole knocking me to the floor ;)

Friday night sitting outside the hotel entrance, wideboy getting slapped on the forehead by a few people and a random bloke telling DMC to fook off :)
Stacey looking scared to death when sat by wideboy ;)

It was a good weekend and one i'll not forget in a long time.

Viper 08-08-10 05:18 PM

Just one word

MANKINI !!!!! OMG :eek: :smt046

darkdreamsgal 08-08-10 05:22 PM

Hm... quite a lot seeing as this was one of my first proper introductions to the AR folk en masse, but Bear pulling the local wildlife is definitely among the top 10!

Jo

DMC 08-08-10 05:50 PM

Without a doubt, seeing Specialone getting knocked out by a tent pole :p

The rest is just a nice warm blur :confused:

Scoobs 08-08-10 05:58 PM

Bear's Bacon Boots - Weird

hongman 08-08-10 06:17 PM

Hmm...memories...

Dropping the bike on the way to the AR at Little Chef
Dropping the bike a few hours later outside a pub and nearly hitting KeithD's bike
Awesome, confidence inspiring roads, best has to be 1000 sheep road, on the way back. Fookin loved it.
Meeting and getting to know a lot of people I didnt expect to, and now being able to put name/personaility to a username

Did some seriously intense riding (for me), esp on the way home. Learnt more in 3 days than I would have a month or more riding by my myself! Confidence sky rocketed, then taken doen a peg or two on the way home, which helped me not get too cocky!

Scotland next year! Woo

Mr Speirs 08-08-10 06:22 PM

Summed up the best thing about the org Hongman.

Riding with some really good riders, learning from them and learning to ride your bike to your potential.
The more riding you do with better riders you will soon be riding to the bikes potential too.

Really wish I could've gone...wedding stuff has got in the way :(

hongman 08-08-10 06:28 PM

Aye. I cant believe how friendly EVERYONE was. I shook so many hands I still dont know who I said hello to and who I didnt!

I'm on a high right now. Instead of dreading going out on the bike, but making myself becuase otherwise my license and bike are going to waste, I'm now already looking forward to getting out on it next!

NickWilde123 08-08-10 06:28 PM

best moment was watching lol omg wtf turn his gas lantern into a fireball right in his face, lit up the field at about 11.30 last night if any one else saw it :D

diamond 08-08-10 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoobs (Post 2338372)
Bear's Bacon Boots - Weird

+1 very strange.:D

Binky 08-08-10 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Speirs (Post 2338383)
Really wish I could've gone...wedding stuff has got in the way :(

Yours?

I thought you were gay?

:confused:

robh539 08-08-10 06:29 PM

DMC KO'ing a Binkys half built tent.

Wideboy!!

many more things

tinpants 08-08-10 06:40 PM

Blimey!! Where do I start?

Meeting up with some old friends and making some new ones. Getting to chat to people in person rather than via the forum ( Shelly & Kwak, Quiff and Mand, Messie, Svstorm and Electro to name but a few)Playing with Liz's and GG's pups (oo-er!!) the free tea and coffee, a completely fantastic rideout. The company was fantastic, as was the event. More of it I say. Bring it on.

Electro 08-08-10 07:03 PM

Spiderman getting nerf`d out of the way by the guy in a car at the lunch stop petrol station, and his polite response to the incident and restrained way with how he chose to speak wih the gentleman haha.

mattSV 08-08-10 07:11 PM

Quiff getting beaten on the pool table.

Twice.

By a girl..:smt003

hongman 08-08-10 07:15 PM

RH's awesome plane flying!

NickWilde123 08-08-10 07:33 PM

that little spitfire was epic

SVStorm 08-08-10 07:43 PM

Would not know where to start. Seeing some of my best freinds, meeting some of the nicest new friends in a short space of time.

The rideout was brilliant. The banter was great.

Surving numerous 'Bear' attacks (althought those are probably memories I dont want to remember)

Getting lots of hugs from lots of people the whole weekend.

I could go on for ages.

maviczap 08-08-10 07:51 PM

For the next AR :p

http://www.wikihow.com/Escape-from-a-Bear

Shellywoozle 08-08-10 08:19 PM

Snogging Dangerous Dave whilst Ralph gave me a backie with DMC holding on for dear life !!!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5557504_n.jpg

-Ralph- 08-08-10 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shellywoozle (Post 2338488)
Snogging Dangerous Dave whilst Ralph gave me a backie with DMC holding on for dear life !!!

:smt046 I didn't realise how precarious DMC was on the back, Shell screamed and grabbed on when I gunned it across the field, DMC must have been close to dropping off the back. When Shell was trying to get Dangerous Dave to snog me and I couldn't see where we were going that was the interesting bit.

Specialone 08-08-10 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Ralph- (Post 2338541)
:smt046 I didn't realise how precarious DMC was on the back, Shell screamed and grabbed on when I gunned it across the field, DMC must have been close to dropping off the back. When Shell was trying to get Dangerous Dave to snog me and I couldn't see where we were going that was the interesting bit.

I bet your luggage rack was comfortable for DMC :)

Von Teese 09-08-10 05:36 AM

Having TSM tell me he knew how to dress me so that I didnt have to take my long sleeved top off in the middle of the start up line and then end up in some sort of black straight jacket!

Seeing old friends and meeting new ones

The amazing scenery and rideout

The banter and laughs with everyone

Seeing Bear so blotto'd on Sunday morning that he turned down 3 pairs of boobs to grope to go back to bed!

Confooozing everyone by swapping bikes on the way back with Mr VT so everyone thought I was overtaking them hehehe!

Dicky Ticker 09-08-10 06:50 AM

Bear checking Kilted Gingers Scottish credentials and declaring them salty-----not so much the act but the looks on peoples faces:)

Bear 09-08-10 08:00 AM

Hmm, I remember talking about bacon boots, but not why...

Trying to chat Stacy up, then after about half an hour calling her Clare and undoing all my hard work.

Being the dancing queen, young and sweet only 17... And a bit...

Boobs, lots and lots of lovely boobs

Balls, lots and lots of lovely balls...

Kim chatting to "heath ledger" and me with my customary tact going over and saying "you're both really fit, you should definitely f***"

The tent invasion: you b'stards!!!

The ride: frickin' amazing, wanna go back on a bike what all the gears work on

Meeting, and meating, all y'all. For those of you I missed, there's always next year.

Littlepeahead 09-08-10 08:42 AM

Sending a text to my surgeon to say 'I'm in Wales, I've been riding my bike, my elbow is fine, thanks for fixing it' because a few weeks ago I still didn't think I'd be at the AR on my own bike.

Waterproofs - off - on - off - on - off - on... next year, textile suit

Dancing on stage with everyone to the Spice Girls - and arguing with Furry Ginger one over who got to be Ginger Spice

Surviving a combination of Chris's superb riding with me on the back and the suicidal sheep

Being asked to take photos of Cazza's bottom as she played pool (did anyone mention she beat Quiff) - photos to follow (unless Cazza reads this first) :)

Watching Darren try over and over again to get his pop up tent folded up and back in the bag - video to follow... :)

Getting my boobs groped by Bear - of course

N8te rider 09-08-10 09:10 AM

Meeting loads of nice people, the egg and sausage buns, and maybe most of all letting Roxy loose on that awesome rideout!!!!

-Ralph- 09-08-10 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialone (Post 2338543)
I bet your luggage rack was comfortable for DMC :)

Kind of makes a bit of a joke of the weight limits for these luggage racks doesn't it! It is the OEM Yamaha one though and bolts directly into the frame (there is no separate rear subframe, it's all one fabricated piece of steel tubing, head, engine cradle, side spars and tail), it's not an aftermarket one from Renntec or the like.

iffy 09-08-10 12:11 PM

Meeting up with lots of familiar faces, and meeting some new ones.

My one-man ride up the Neath road.

Riding back over the 1,000 Sheep Road on my own. The sheep wander about a lot more when there are not 100 bikes bearing down on them!

The ever friendly BBC!!

Hope to see you all again next year.

Iffy

Littlepeahead 09-08-10 12:38 PM

Not sure if this link will work. Darren demonstrates how to pack up your tent...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=245949&id=579090902&saved#!/video/video.php?v=458956970902

(Please be advised, this video contains strong language and scenes of frustration)

kellyjo 09-08-10 12:53 PM

Finally getting to meet, say hi, and thank all the great guys n gals on here who have helped and encouraged me since I joined just over a year ago.... you're all FANTASTIC :smt055

The great roads and views, never to be forgotten - in particular the very close encounter the yellow bandit in front had when the sheep decided to wander out in front of it (sorry, didnt know who you and your pillion were, just glad you braked in time), made my butt clench!!!

On the third section, back along 1000 sheep road and the following 30 miles, I finally found myself in 'the zone' on my new bike, proper mental and a real thrill, i'm still buzzing :p

Still wish i'd got more involved in the social antics, will just have to come again for AR11 ;)

A great weekend, thanks. I rode out this morning and really missed my 100 playmates :riding:

Drew Carey 09-08-10 01:44 PM

I have one memory which over arches all the others from the weekend......You Guys.

Without the peeps of the org the roads etc would not be worth it.

However, if I had to pick 1 moment......simple.....

Me and Dyzio sat on the left hand bend going up from Llandovery, we suddenly hear the thunder of 100 bikes climbing the mountain. Then suddenly, all these bikes were coming past with their left knee about 5 inches from Dyzio's head.

I hope that those piccies will be amazing. Was a buzz to sit there seeing all the smiles on everyone's faces behind the visors.

keith_d 09-08-10 01:56 PM

The slow group from Soho had been stuck in a bit of traffic (some numpty had trashed his car) and were running a bit behind schedule. So we stopped for an overdue break at a Little Chef. Five minutes later the fast group, who set out before us, turn up in the same Little Chef.

maviczap 09-08-10 02:13 PM

Another classic, Sunday morning in the Dorm

I get up, Ed says, "Good morning, what time is it?"

Me: "errr ten to nine"

Ed: " Oh, I was hoping you'd said ten to seven" Ed hides back under the covers :p

Messie 09-08-10 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith_d (Post 2338915)
The slow group from Soho had been stuck in a bit of traffic (some numpty had trashed his car) and were running a bit behind schedule. So we stopped for an overdue break at a Little Chef. Five minutes later the fast group, who set out before us, turn up in the same Little Chef.

yeah and ....
it was at least 10 minutes and we'd got stuck behind a traction engine and we stopped for fule and and and...

we wanted to meet with you anyway!
Funny thing was, it was the same Little Chef where AR05 (I think) started!

fizzwheel 09-08-10 02:18 PM

Squirrel Hunter saying to me on Saturday night that he wasnt able to overtake me on 1000 sheep road :cool:

kwak zzr 09-08-10 02:20 PM

Memories of the AR?

hummm

ALL OF IT!!! IT WAS BRILL!!!