SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   DAS in London? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=59206)

Rockin' Rob 14-04-05 02:29 PM

DAS in London?

Hi,

As i said in my 'hello' thread, im wanting to do my direct access in London soon.

I was wondering if theres anywhere anyone would recommend? I live near Holland Park but can obviously travel a bit!

Prices and experiences would be good please! :)

Cheers,

RoB

thor 14-04-05 02:33 PM

Metropolis were good for me.

Ask for Keith, he's strict but has an 80% pass rate!

Spiderman 14-04-05 05:15 PM

i'd recommend Freedom Motorcycle Training. Their webiste.

I'm in Mill Hill (20 mins from Holland Park) and the school is 20mins from me. i dunno if thats more than you were thinking of travelling but the nice thing is that they have a 95% pass rate as a school and you also get to be away from the idiots that you find in central London areas.

I did a 3day course after having not been on a bike in over 15yrs and passed first time.

Really nice bunch and they took delivery of brand new ER5's on the day i passed so their bikes are allno more than 10months old.

hth

Dunno if i saw your "hello thread" so Hi....and welcome to the site.

Jelster 14-04-05 06:16 PM

I used Passmasters in Northolt (just off the A40 by Polish War memorial) www.passmasters.co.uk.

Very good, and I'm booking my son in for his CBT in a couple of weeks...

Sudoxe 14-04-05 09:00 PM

Phone arround and try and find an indipendant guy, I've used two guys fairly local to me, Dave (D&G Rider Training) hes in bromley (a bit far from you!), and Steve - freedom rider training (a different one to spidermans though. http://www.freedomridertraining.com/ hes in swanley or essex.

I did a DAS at a fairly big place, in swanley and there attitude stank. It was a big con, just had us rideing arround there yard, swapping bikes over, "I've taught more people to ride than you have had hot dinners". No shock i failed my das with them people, and didnt go back for my free retraining. It was really like a pass your test boot camp! Really try to avoid these!!

After i failed my first test, I found Dave (D&G) did a two day course with him, failed because a car pulled out on me, booked another test and he gave me a days free training, as he had a spare day! Needless to say i passed that test no worries.

I've just done some advanced training with Steve (freedom), and feel a lot more confident now. He does DAS as well.

These guys work for there own company, and really have a passion for what they do and care about there company image! So you may find you get more value for money at one!

Dave even holds a BBQ in the summer for all his Ex students! :thumbsup:

Dan

Rockin' Rob 15-04-05 12:22 AM

thanks for all the replies people!

Ill keep looking up websites, i hadnt really thought about the more independent types, sounds like it could be a good idea. :)

Cheers, keep them coming :D

RoB

DeeJay 15-04-05 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman
i'd recommend Freedom Motorcycle Training. Their webiste.

I'm in Mill Hill (20 mins from Holland Park) and the school is 20mins from me. i dunno if thats more than you were thinking of travelling but the nice thing is that they have a 95% pass rate as a school and you also get to be away from the idiots that you find in central London areas.

I did a 3day course after having not been on a bike in over 15yrs and passed first time.

Really nice bunch and they took delivery of brand new ER5's on the day i passed so their bikes are allno more than 10months old.

hth

Dunno if i saw your "hello thread" so Hi....and welcome to the site.

Dito... Freedom for me to... Ask for Keith!!

Jelster 15-04-05 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudoxe
Phone arround and try and find an indipendant guy, I've used two guys fairly local to me.......

I did a DAS at a fairly big place, in swanley and there attitude stank.

That's pretty strong Dan... Are you inferring that all of the larger organisations offer poor service ?

YOU had a bad experience, I didn't, and passed first time (as have many others) . If a training organisation is reccomended by somebody on here then that should be an indication that they are competent (nobody would want to put their name to a poor outfit would they...)

Rockin' Rob 15-04-05 05:00 PM

freedom look ok (judging by your comments and their website!) ill give them a call and see how they sound methinks :)

cheers,
RoB

jump 15-04-05 10:53 PM

I live Battersea but was willing to go all the way north for Elite - Wembley... for best motorcycle school and Colin Collins Pinner rd for best bike shop...j