SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Bike meets – do you go to any? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=95894)

Blue_SV650S 29-08-07 10:09 AM

Bike meets – do you go to any?

As title … I don’t really go to bike meets … I am not sure I really see the point …

sarah 29-08-07 10:11 AM

Re: Bike meets – do you go to any?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S (Post 1272934)
As title … I don’t really go to bike meets … I am not sure I really see the point …

What counts as a bike meet?

Blue_SV650S 29-08-07 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah (Post 1272935)
What counts as a bike meet?

Good point ...

A well known ‘regular’ event (as examples, ones I have heard of are Poole Quey, Ace Cafι, lord derby etc etc) ... not just going round your biking mates ...

AndyW 29-08-07 10:16 AM

Been to two at Knott End in the last two weeks. Going to start a night course in Japanese at local college in 3 weeks, so thats going out the window.

Point seems to be look at shiny bikes, and strike up conversations with complete strangers about whatever seems interesting at the time, including what flavour of ice cream to order.

Blue_SV650S 29-08-07 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyW (Post 1272939)
Been to two at Knott End in the last two weeks. Going to start a night course in Japanese at local college in 3 weeks, so thats going out the window.

Point seems to be look at shiny bikes, and strike up conversations with complete strangers about whatever seems interesting at the time, including what flavour of ice cream to order.

If I wanted to look at shiny bikes, I'd go to my local dealership!! :D

If I wanted to strike up a conversation with a random person, it'd be with a bit of flange, not a hairy male biker!! :D ... Lets face it the flange levels at a bike meet are going to be sparse ... and the ones that are - are probably there with their BF - or hairy munters!! :D

plowsie 29-08-07 10:21 AM

I've only ever bin out with SV's, but i suppose the Ponderosa classes as one but that was with the SV's lol.

riktherider 29-08-07 10:25 AM

what about weekend bike doo's?? they count?? lke bulldog bash, race meets.

ive got one coming up in september. balls doo.

hovis 29-08-07 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S (Post 1272934)
Bike meets – do you go to any? …

no, i have not been to any, i normally end up in abergavenny most sundays, and porthcawl some wednesday nights, but i would not class these as "bike meets"

and dont like hanging about drinking tea for too long, as i would rather be riding

Blue_SV650S 29-08-07 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riktherider (Post 1272946)
what about weekend bike doo's?? they count?? lke bulldog bash, race meets.

ive got one coming up in september. balls doo.

Not sure what goes on at the Bulldog Bash, but I'd say Race Meets don't count as you are not going there for going there's sake ...

Blue_SV650S 29-08-07 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 1272947)
no, i have not been to any, i normally end up in abergavenny most sundays, and porthcawl some wednesday nights, but i would not class these as "bike meets"

and dont like hanging about drinking tea for too long, as i would rather be riding

Quite ... if I wanted to go out for a 'ride' I'd go out for a ride ... and I wouldn't go anywhere near a 'known' bike event as the roads in the local area are bound to be better policed?!?!? ;)