SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2008 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Not too late (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=112989)

northwind 28-06-08 08:00 PM

Not too late

No doubt people are thinking "This looks good, wish I'd got this organised". It's not too late! 2 years ago, I decided to go on the monday before the AR, from a different country :smt080 And last year, I binned the bike the weekend before and had to spend the next 4 days frantically hitting it with a hammer, finding and making new parts, and respraying the whole front end, the bike went back together at 1am on the friday morning, we left at 9am :cool:

In fact, this year I'm going, but I don't seem to have organised anything! So, you're no worse off than me, in fact, chances are you're coming from closer. So, don't think "It's too late", because if you do then soon it will be. But not yet.

That is all.

Dan 28-06-08 08:12 PM

Re: Not too late

Well said mate. Looking forward to seeing you again.

And to everyone reading this who thinks it's too far, it's a fair old trek for me, but Northy's got some real distance to cover.

So don't be a big bunch of wussies... make some effort.

Frank 28-06-08 08:29 PM

I have a massive distance to cover

all of 30 mins max

on yer bike 28-06-08 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northwind (Post 1551963)
the bike went back together at 1am on the friday morning, we left at 9am :cool:

Now now northy, that's not strictly true is it. I seem to remember me and blue flame sitting at the starting line trying to phone you, eventually blue flame got through, and you were still attacking your bike, spanner in hand fixing something that broke off just as you were about to leave... fixed half an hour or so later, so was more down to the last minute.

As for everyone else, have fun and I'll hopefully see some of you at the Ecosse Massacre !!!

;)

northwind 29-06-08 12:48 AM

It's true :( I snapped a bolt on my luggage rack as I fitted it :rolleyes:

rictus01 29-06-08 12:59 AM

Last year Sparkly Girl (Anna) wasn't going as she had a busted bike and couldn't get the time off anyway (much like this year :( ) two days before she found out she could get the time off, the bike was repaired (about two weeks normal work) in 48 hours (admittedly with a couple of semi-pro botches) and didn't miss a beat all weekend, think it was a cat C write off.

so as Andy says, never to much or to later, anything is possible (well OK if before Wednesday :cool: ).

Cheers Mark.

dizzyblonde 29-06-08 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 1551976)
Well said mate. Looking forward to seeing you again.

And to everyone reading this who thinks it's too far, it's a fair old trek for me, but Northy's got some real distance to cover.

So don't be a big bunch of wussies... make some effort.

well I'd say 250 odd miles with a walking stick strapped to your back is bloody marvellous, cause this time next month my beloved will have had his hip replaced......he doesn't want to let me down....and TBH would rather endure the agony to have a flippin good pish up in cider county than sit at home and me have a good time without him!!

and he won't be the only one going to all that effort either

So if you think its still to far away peeps...........what he said...bunch o wussies:pirat:

Jester666 29-06-08 07:46 AM

Last year I finally got the SV (Now stolen) fixed on the Thursday afternoon.

I used the work bike to ride to Bristol to get a set of calipers from www.svspares.com, rode back to Crystal Palace, fixed them on, left the work bike at CP and rode the SV back home to Staines (About 8pm), packed a bag, slept and was at the Ace for 8am!!

The shakedown run was The Ace to the campsite!

redbouy 29-06-08 03:01 PM

Im sitting down in Corse at the mo, Hoping I can get a place for the boat to live on friday. and close to Nice airport. [finish this charter miday friday] Hoping I can find a place to sit on a plane and then book a car and then drive. Hope it doesnt rain, as its sleep on the ground with a beer.
I'll miss the ride but want to meet up with u all
Pete

dizzyblonde 29-06-08 03:07 PM

WOW.....where are you coming from?:confused:

that may sound daft but I'm not too geographical with places I've not heard much about. South of France? on your sig, wheres it near to