SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2010 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   Home Safe Thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=155707)

kwak zzr 09-08-10 02:18 PM

Re: Home Safe Thread

All back home and back to normal :( what a supurb weekend and thanks to everyone!!

TSM 09-08-10 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear (Post 2338706)
Home safe last night after a frankly phenomenal ride home. What a weekend!

+1

Kilted Ginger 09-08-10 03:51 PM

Just in. 818 miles door to door (not including rideout obviously) Great weekend thanks to everyone who made it great by being there. good to see so many familiar faces and meet some that will become familiar.
long boring ride home today, brilliant sunshine until preston then rain to carlisle, filter through stationary traffic from preston to lancaster due to 3 crashes on same stretch and subsequent rubbernecking.

Ride safe folks and see you all again.

Special thanks to Davepreston for his usual hospitality, -Ralph- for bed and board, SpeedyClaire for all the hugs and Lucky pants for allowing it;) Mrs Mattsv for breakfast and Bri for helping with the bowmore.

dyzio 09-08-10 05:12 PM

Made it home safe, wet but safe :D

missyburd 09-08-10 05:37 PM

Don't think we've posted yet oops! We got back home about half12 last night with a very tired ManxMatt in tow, as Ollie said, we got to Matt's reception at half9, many thanks to Ollie for getting us there with no hiccups! Had a fantastic route home.

Cracking weekend, lovely to meet new folks as always and see old acquaintances :-)

Wideboy 09-08-10 05:56 PM

got home at 3:30 and went to bed, shattered........ had a good ride home through the brecons, lunch stop at abergavenny then all motorway home

awesome weekend good to see known faces and already known.......... crap to be home :(

ManxMatt34 09-08-10 06:03 PM

Just back, spent the night at the YC's weird that it took me exactley 100.1 miles to get from there drive to mine, o and the 80 odd miles on the boat :P fantastic weekend and need to thank so many cya all in 2011

Dicky Ticker 09-08-10 06:06 PM

Glad you enjoyed it--------------------The anonymous screw layer;)

Ijanric 09-08-10 06:13 PM

Home safe but not without a little spill on the way... Concentration on 4 hours sleep caught up with me. Took the wrong line, chickened out of leaning so far while going over potholes, and binned it into a hedge. £550 of parts damage. Ebay here I come! Still ridable and it'll be good as new soon. Could have been a lot worse.
Lesson learned: Don't do technical twisties on so little sleep. :mad:

Thanks for a great weekend though! And see you all again next year! :rolleyes:

Wideboy 09-08-10 06:15 PM

aahhh **** dude!

Specialone 09-08-10 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ijanric (Post 2339164)
Home safe but not without a little spill on the way... Concentration on 4 hours sleep caught up with me. Took the wrong line, chickened out of leaning so far while going over potholes, and binned it into a hedge. £550 of parts damage. Ebay here I come! Still ridable and it'll be good as new soon. Could have been a lot worse.

Hope your ok, bit of a bum way to finish the weekend though :(

Ijanric 09-08-10 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wideboy (Post 2339167)
aahhh **** dude!

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialone (Post 2339188)
Hope your ok, bit of a bum way to finish the weekend though :(

Twas indeed a bad note to end on... Shoulder hurts a bit - can't lift my arm above my head. Sore ankle and bruised hip. I have to change gear with a bolt I put through the broken gear lever, but I have tiny indicators now. No near-side mirror either. #-o

Girth 09-08-10 07:07 PM

****ing ell Rick!

RichT 09-08-10 07:10 PM

Biscuits home safe and sound for a couple of hours now. Great to see everyone old & new. Thanks to all involved with organising such a top weekend.

metalmonkey 09-08-10 07:20 PM

I had an awesome w/end was great to meet new people and to catch with everyone.

Bear that ride home was outstanding, that was a great way to end the w/end.

Meant to post sooner, I moved house either side of the AR why is it never simple!

metalmonkey 09-08-10 07:23 PM

Quote:

Dude sorry to hear of this...heal quick if your shoulder is not working right, get it checked out take easy.

squirrel_hunter 09-08-10 07:25 PM

Squirrel Hunter reporting in.

phil24_7 09-08-10 08:08 PM

24_7's present and accounted for.

chris8886 09-08-10 09:56 PM

had a great weekend, thank you and well done to all those who helped to organise in general and good work by the markers etc. on the rideout, really enjoyed that route depsite the bits of rain. now i've tasted those roads i want to come back and have another go. great to see plenty of people again, meet new ones and annoyed i didn't get to meet more

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear (Post 2338706)
Home safe last night after a frankly phenomenal ride home. What a weekend!

it was mate, thanks again for showing the way!

gruntygiggles 09-08-10 10:18 PM

The Strays, including MBK are checking in. Stretchie has gone up to excort Bill (Banannaman) to Eds house to get his flight home in the morning, so he'll be coming home to a big cuddle and a warm bed. Nic and I are shattered and have just now been able to log on as we also came home at whatever time this afternoon it was to a power cut...so fridge emptied and a chinese takeaway :-)

Wow, thanks all of you for making it such a good weekend :-)

joshmac 09-08-10 10:56 PM

Home now, rotten journey back and feeling totally drained but had a great time. Massive thanks to all those invoved with the organising :thumbsup:

_Stretchie_ 10-08-10 10:15 AM

Quote:

Glad you're ok mate

BernardBikerchick 10-08-10 11:54 AM

we got home about 9pm last night and only just got up !!!!!!! top top top weekend the best i have ever ever ever had on any ride out ever in the world of ride outs !! thank you ALL so much for making it such a wonderful perfect weekend full of so much fun and we all got round safe and sound!!! top top top top weekend !!! bear you rule !! josh mac i wanna marry u !!!!!!

Blue Flame 10-08-10 04:16 PM

Got home today about 3PM after a detour to the Pepsi Max with the wife and son.

nuther cracking AR and for once the weather was kind to us !!

tonyk 11-08-10 09:31 PM

safe n sound.......... thanks every one for making a fab weekend..
special thanks for my mrs for locking me out for 2 hrs....sitting on the door step like a stray dog...waiting for her to get home.
(did not take my house key, my bad......bet the Neighbour’s thought i got kicked out)

BanannaMan 12-08-10 05:56 AM

Turned the bike in and made it to Manchester airport around 9:30 AM Tues.
Home safe and sound Wed. 3:30 AM (your time)

Thanks to everyone who came to the AR.
Greatest time ever for me. Fabulous ride Sat. and met so many nice people.
Special thanks to GG and Stretchie for putting me up for the week.
(and putting up with me for a week)

Bri w 12-08-10 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanannaMan (Post 2341399)

Great to meet you Bill. Glad you enjoyed it.

AR11 in Appalachia?

Drew Carey 12-08-10 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanannaMan (Post 2341399)

Great to meet you Bill. Chilling with one of your cigars by the campfire on Sunday night was one of the highlights of the weekend. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bri w (Post 2341400)
AR11 in Appalachia?

We did actually seriously discuss this breifly on Sunday. However the freight for bikes would be too expensive and collectively we would probably use up the countries entire hire bike network!!!! :D

Damn it!!! Cause that would be a story to tell.

Viney 12-08-10 03:14 PM

Ah right, i got hom Sunday about 10.30 aftr speding the day down me mates in cardiff :)

widepants 15-08-10 08:22 AM

home on friday but forget to tell you all.
Bill those cigars were brill

BernardBikerchick 15-08-10 11:42 AM

awww i wanna be back there can't believe it was over a week ago since i was running round with no bra on ... oh hang on same as today actually lol

Bluefish 21-08-10 09:25 AM

Back home now, got back about 8.45pm last night, had a slight detour to France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany,Belgium and i think luxemburg lol will post up soonest.