SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Sharing a bike on a TD (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=140537)

plowsie 06-10-09 10:28 AM

Sharing a bike on a TD

Simple question, hopefully a simple answer...

Do you pay the fee per bike or per person? So, could me and someone else share one bike (in the same group) for the day?

Bluefish 06-10-09 11:19 AM

Re: Sharing a bike on a TD

Just a guess, but I would say per person, they get more mullah that way.

plowsie 06-10-09 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluefishman (Post 2054582)
Just a guess, but I would say per person, they get more mullah that way.

Yeah, this is what I am guessing, as logic fails I suppose, as the two people only share the tracktime allowed between them. The only way it would work out would be one in novice, one in inters.

neio79 06-10-09 11:32 AM

YOu pay per place on ANY track day.

So if you are planning to do a track day and share a bike its probably best if you are in seperate groups, say novice and inters , or fast and inters.

If you are sharing and in the same group you are both paying for the full day but will only be able to do about half the time each. YOu will either do alternate sessions or decide to come in afte 10 min or x ammount of laps.

IMO a wast of time if in same group.

Also concider that the groups run concecutivly, so Fast then inter then novice. so if your friend is in inters and you in novice then you will need to be very quick at changing over as the novice will be lined up in the pits ready to go as you come in from your session .

IMO not worth it over all, just use your own bike each.

plowsie 06-10-09 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neio79 (Post 2054601)
YOu pay per place on ANY track day.

So if you are planning to do a track day and share a bike its probably best if you are in seperate groups, say novice and inters , or fast and inters.

If you are sharing and in the same group you are both paying for the full day but will only be able to do about half the time each. YOu will either do alternate sessions or decide to come in afte 10 min or x ammount of laps.

IMO a wast of time if in same group.

Also concider that the groups run concecutivly, so Fast then inter then novice. so if your friend is in inters and you in novice then you will need to be very quick at changing over as the novice will be lined up in the pits ready to go as you come in from your session .

IMO not worth it over all, just use your own bike each.

Yep, as I thought, be like endurance racing.

Was just an option me and the missus were mulling over.

flymo 06-10-09 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowsie (Post 2054617)
Yep, as I thought, be like endurance racing.

Was just an option me and the missus were mulling over.

Wonder if they do a pillion session......now that would be fun! Anybody fancy jumping on the back?

plowsie 06-10-09 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flymo (Post 2054624)
Wonder if they do a pillion session......now that would be fun! Anybody fancy jumping on the back?

Wouldn't be fun for me, my sides would hurt!

flymo 06-10-09 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowsie (Post 2054625)
Wouldn't be fun for me, my sides would hurt!

How come, laughing? or scraping them on the track?

Woz 06-10-09 12:11 PM

Also remember that by sharing a bike, it will be running at full tilt for 40 minutes at a time with 20 minutes rest rather than the other way round.

I'm only guessing but could that create some heat issues (brakes particularly)?

neio79 06-10-09 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woz (Post 2054648)
Also remember that by sharing a bike, it will be running at full tilt for 40 minutes at a time with 20 minutes rest rather than the other way round.

I'm only guessing but could that create some heat issues (brakes particularly)?

Not really, all modern bikes are capable of running for 40 min on track , even the brakes will be fine. My Kwak copes with some severe thrashings, entering the hairpin at Mallory from well over a ton thy were rock solid.

that said its a new SS600 an older bike may well suffer a bit of fade.