SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Screen add-on for SV650S for touring (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=240762)

fulburncams 04-03-23 04:40 PM

Screen add-on for SV650S for touring

Hi, I am planning to go to South France over Easter and wondered if anyone has recommended clip-on screen add-on to deflect some of the wind. I know the SV650S is not exactly a touring bike but hopefully with the screen add-on it should be tolerable.

Thanks
Steve

garynortheast 04-03-23 07:52 PM

Re: Screen add-on for SV650S for touring

Not sure whether your SV is a curvy or a pointy, but my curvy SV650s makes a brilliant touring bike to be honest. I've done lots of 400 mile days and a few 500 milers on it without a problem.

I just have a double Bubble screen on mine and it does what's needed for me at just a whisker under 6ft.

glang 05-03-23 08:02 AM

Yes on my S find I can ride long distances very comfortably (5' 10") with a tank bag loaded enough to be able to support my chest. If set up correctly it takes the weight off my arms but keeps my head at a reasonable angle while still avoiding most of the wind blast...

admin 05-03-23 01:34 PM

I've toured in Europe on pointy sv650s, the biggest issue for me was the seat. Numb bum after an hour of riding.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Bibio 07-03-23 09:45 AM

the only thing a different screen does is move the air turbulence/flow to somewhere different e.g. if you get a taller than standard it will deflect toward your head instead of your chest depending on your height. from experience i would rather the air flow was at chest height rather than head height.

SV650rules 25-04-23 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3139844)
the only thing a different screen does is move the air turbulence/flow to somewhere different e.g. if you get a taller than standard it will deflect toward your head instead of your chest depending on your height. from experience i would rather the air flow was at chest height rather than head height.

Yeah I fitted an MRA screen to my AL7 soon after I got it, problem was all my helmets suddenly became very noisy ( as you pointed out, wind moved from chest to head ), so I took it off and has been gathering dust and bred generations of spiders on shelf in garage ever since... I rarely go over 70 anyway and happy that I do not get deafened any more... IMHO the wind is not such a problem at <70mph anyway, even on a naked.

johnnyrod 26-04-23 07:54 PM

I had a Fabbri double bubble on mine, made a hell of a difference. Not all screens are created equal.