SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   The Border Patrol (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Marches Meander - Sunday 17 August (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=108102)

Ed 10-04-08 08:03 PM

Marches Meander - Sunday 17 August

We have some simply fantastic bike roads here in Shropshire:cool: (with a few over the border in Powys too) so why not come and join John (admin) darylB & me on a Marches Meander on Sunday 17 August. The idea is to explore some of the lesser known roads in Shropshire, they're every bit as good, just not every bit as busy:D

We've planned a route - it's about 180 miles round - we haven't quite finalised it, we're going to ride it soon to check out the timings and to make sure they haven't installed any cameras over the winter. So I'm not quite ready to publish it, and anyway I don't want to invite hassle in advance from :plod: But it won't change much, if at all. Starting here in Shrewsbury at 10am, it goes through some beautiful Shropshire countryside, and some wild Welsh hills, and above all - brilliant biking routes, a mix of twisties and fast open straights on A roads and B roads. I promise you this - it's going to be a great ride! You won't be disappointed!!

If anyone wants to camp on the Saturday, I can make some enquiries with the AR06 campsite - used to be called The Black Swan, now it's called The Wingfield Arms. It's a very pretty spot next to the River Severn at Montford Bridge, a few miles west of S'bury, in the grounds of a pub that serves reasonably priced but excellent food.

So put the date in your diaries!! It promises to be a really great day, did I say that the route we have planned is an absolute corker? Can you tell I'm excited?

Hope you can make it!!

Lissa 10-04-08 08:05 PM

Re: Marches Meander - Sunday 17 August

Damn!:(

Would have loved to, but it's the Ecosse weekend that weekend and we're already booked for that.

Sorry Ed.

Bluepete 10-04-08 08:12 PM

Sounds like a cunning plan! I'm a provisional maybe.

Pete.

neio79 10-04-08 08:13 PM

Yes i am in, far closer to home than the Scottish ride out, and probably a bit warmer as well!

lily 10-04-08 08:22 PM

Yep count me and drew in and only 50 miles from our house to S'bury!

Mrs Blue Pete 10-04-08 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed (Post 1473254)
I don't want to invite :plod:

Sorry, hun, it doesn't look like you're invited! ;) ;)

Frank 10-04-08 08:42 PM

Can I pencil in a yes for that one pls

Ed 10-04-08 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa (Post 1473255)
Damn!:(

Would have loved to, but it's the Ecosse weekend that weekend and we're already booked for that.

Sorry Ed.

Well you'll just have to cancel!!! It's always the Scots causing trouble!! The fact that they fixed their date ages ago is of course nothing to do with it;)

Lissa 10-04-08 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed (Post 1473317)
Well you'll just have to cancel!!! It's always the Scots causing trouble!! The fact that they fixed their date ages ago is of course nothing to do with it;)

That and the fact that I've already paid for my wigwam:D

You'll just have to organise a second run, that's the answer;)

neio79 10-04-08 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Blue Pete (Post 1473277)
Sorry, hun, it doesn't look like you're invited! ;) ;)

he can be a plumber again for the day, just like NW3 :D