SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   did I do the right thing (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=117679)

Frank 14-09-08 08:40 PM

did I do the right thing

As we live set back from a main road with garages and parking at the back,so everyone parks at the back of their house.Today after a ride with my daughter I parked the bike behind the garden and went to have dinner and get changed.I was upstairs when I heard my alarm singing its head off.Jumping up I looked out of the window to see a youth(read git) legging round the side of the houses with the neighbour shouting that he was trying to push my bike away.Quick as a flash I shot out of the front door and may or may not have punched him as he ran past the front.Boy it felt god.
Point 1...thank goodness for my alarm

Point 2...should I have just let him run away?

Sean_C 14-09-08 08:45 PM

Re: did I do the right thing

Let him run away? I don't think so- he got what was coming to him ;)
Good on ya.

dizzyblonde 14-09-08 08:55 PM

Well done, I always said if i caught someone like that I'd take a broom handle to their kneecaps. Hope he didn't squeel like a biatch to the coppers about some mean man punching him , but then again, he'd have to admit to nicking your bike then.
Good on you

hovis 14-09-08 08:59 PM

was he the rag and bone man?

probaly thought it was scrap

Frank 14-09-08 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovis (Post 1624459)
was he the rag and bone man?

probaly thought it was scrap

what a supprise.
I remember being at yours yesterday and the kids asking how much faster mine was than you'rs

hovis 14-09-08 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gid (Post 1624466)
what a supprise.
I remember being at yours yesterday and the kids asking how much faster mine was than you'rs

no........... they asked which was fastest, when you replied yours........ they fell about on the floor laughing at you

Woz 14-09-08 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyblonde (Post 1624454)
but then again, he'd have to admit to nicking your bike then.

And guess who'd get in serious trouble and who'd just get a slapped wrist.

I think you did the right thing and I know I'd do exactly the same. However, I'd get this thread deleted just in case.

carnivore 14-09-08 09:15 PM

Personally i'd have dragged the little scrote into the house and 'worked' on him for a couple of hours.:smt079

hovis 14-09-08 09:20 PM

pity about the alarm though...........

you might have got lucky

thefallenangel 14-09-08 09:32 PM

tbh i'd keep a double eye on it because you punched him. He could think "B5tard, i'll have him" so sleep with the one eye open. Now if you caught him this time, citizen arrest and have them nab him.