SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Any qualified scuba divers out there? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=170510)

Geodude 16-01-18 08:49 AM

Re: Any qualified scuba divers out there?

Cool as yc :) nice to know you're still about and up to interesting things.

yorkie_chris 05-03-18 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith_d (Post 3081659)
I've went diving off something similar many years ago. IIRC the holds had been converted to bunks and the old crew cabin to the compressor room. It was pretty cool to tie up in port after a day's diving and stagger back to the boat when the pubs chucked us out.

Biggest downsides from a diving perspective were that it wasn't the most maneuverable boat in the water, and it was a fair way from the deck to the briny stuff. So getting in with camera gear was a gamble, and climbing out was a bit of a drag.

Will you be fitting a lift for the soft southern divers?

Keith.

Yes mate will be a lift going on, daft not to with any tech stuff as you'd be fizzing like a can of some foreign pish lager...

Yeah, it is not the most manoeuvrable but hey a 10m workcat or something isn't big enough to do 500 mile round trips

yorkie_chris 05-03-18 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith_d (Post 3081659)
I've went diving off something similar many years ago. IIRC the holds had been converted to bunks and the old crew cabin to the compressor room. It was pretty cool to tie up in port after a day's diving and stagger back to the boat when the pubs chucked us out.

Trying to shoehorn in 10 bunks and 2 doubles down below.

2x compressors going in engine room (they both about the size of SV engines...)

Foredeck is getting all enclosed in with an ally saloon that will have showers, galley and day room.

yorkie_chris 05-03-18 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 3081561)
Yes, the Pentland Firth can be rather rough, as I found out during a trip from the Orkneys to the mainland, where our 33 metre boat pretended to be a submarine.

But the West coast is a special place to go by ship, boat or yacht, if the weathers nice.

I would like to do the Cali canal one day

Chris well done for investing in a money pit :p Enjoy

You not fkin kidding try price up 40 litre of antifoul...

Was fun coming down, shame it was dark through most of pretty bits of west coast!!

Kenzie 22-03-20 01:53 PM

Old thread bump! Completely forgot about this but we got scuba certified but need to do a scuba review and then complete two more dives to get open water qualified. With all the cov19 faff in place it's been put on hold again. Will sort when everything calms down.

punyXpress 22-03-20 01:58 PM

Yorkie Chris is your man ;)