SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   East Anglian Revolution (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=140613)

Seggons 15-02-10 05:57 PM

Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob969 (Post 2182873)
To top it all of i went into work today and found out that i'm going to get promoted :D:D:D:D

So when are we all coming round your gaff to celebrate? ;)

Rob969 15-02-10 05:59 PM

Thats the only problem with being promoted in the Raf i could end up getting posted somewhere else in the country. Think i might have to get Kellyjo round to work to have a word so the EAR doesn't lose a member

Sean_C 15-02-10 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 2182346)
You crazy lady :lol:

Must be a busy week for you I guess with all three kids off school?!

Brakes are now bled on the bike - was expecting the lever to be rock hard with very little movement but if I am honest they don't feel that different to how they were before :confused: They have been totally bled so there is no air in the system - I guess that's how they are... In all fairness I still have to take the calipers off and have a clean up in there - maybe that will help...

I'd much rather have brakes like yours than like mine. Mine are rock hard with little travel and thus no feel :(

kellyjo 15-02-10 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob969 (Post 2182890)
Thats the only problem with being promoted in the Raf i could end up getting posted somewhere else in the country. Think i might have to get Kellyjo round to work to have a word so the EAR doesn't lose a member

Count me in, they are NOT going to whisk away one of my EAR buddies!!

And in the meantime congratulations and it's party round yours :rave:

Skip 15-02-10 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lissa (Post 2182862)
I'm sure you won't be the slowest we've ridden behind! :D

Its not that you have to worry about - its all the 1-wheel stunting that she does! :riding:

Quote:

well i've had a good couple of days, Went out on the bike yesterday even though it was raining because and still really enjoyed the ride:) plus i also popped to the car dealership to sign the paperwork for my new car that i collect on friday.:D To top it all of i went into work today and found out that i'm going to get promoted :D:D:D:D

Congrats Rob! What car are you getting/replacing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean_C (Post 2182926)
I'd much rather have brakes like yours than like mine. Mine are rock hard with little travel and thus no feel :(

Good point well made Sean - didnt think of it like that... These are Goodridge hoses - what brand are yours? My mate said that these particular hoses look much thicker than the ones on his CBR trackbike.

Rob969 15-02-10 07:27 PM

Getting rid of my Zafira and getting an Insignia

speedplay 15-02-10 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob969 (Post 2183047)
Getting rid of my Zafira and getting an Insignia

You changed into a sales rep then?

kellyjo 15-02-10 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 2183023)
Its not that you have to worry about - its all the 1-wheel stunting that she does! :riding:

pmsl - NOT!! :smt019 :p

Sean_C 15-02-10 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 2183023)

Good point well made Sean - didnt think of it like that... These are Goodridge hoses - what brand are yours? My mate said that these particular hoses look much thicker than the ones on his CBR trackbike.

I haven't a clue what the hoses are, though I suspect they're HEL- they've been on the bike since I got it. Currently running one GSXR 4-pot caliper with sintered pads. 2 calipers was worse for feel. I think I'll get organic pads next time.

Mike2165 15-02-10 07:51 PM

Quote:

well i've had a good couple of days, Went out on the bike yesterday even though it was raining because and still really enjoyed the ride:) plus i also popped to the car dealership to sign the paperwork for my new car that i collect on friday.:D To top it all of i went into work today and found out that i'm going to get promoted :D:D:D:D

I've had exactly the opposite day, hard weekend of crap and more crap today. Whatever made this country 'Great' has been has been lost to a greedy self rightious government whose sole aim in life is to try to extract the national debt from me. Glad you're having a good one though Rob, feels good when it comes together :)