SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   joined the property ladder (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=226328)

Bibio 11-04-17 10:02 PM

joined the property ladder

as of the 20th last month i now own my house, just waiting for the titles to come from the land registry :smt040

andrewsmith 12-04-17 06:51 AM

Re: joined the property ladder

Well done mate
When's​ the extension and workshop being built

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

shiftin_gear98 12-04-17 09:24 AM

Congrats. ( edit - little smiley face was a bit naf on it's own. - ☺)

SV650rules 12-04-17 09:36 AM

Congrats bet its a good feeling - Imagine your house is a workshop with living accommodation ? or a normal house with plenty space for future expansion LOL

DarrenSV650S 12-04-17 09:37 AM

Own as in payed off mortgage? If so that must be a great feeling!

Bibio 12-04-17 12:48 PM

thanks peeps.

yes my house is a workshop.. lol

3 bed end terrace. acquired from the council with 59% discount. no mortgage, paid cash (inheritance).

i was in two minds just to blow the cash or buy the house. i wont ever see any gain from buying the house but my kids will. with the way council housing and rules are going i was reluctant to get kicked out of this house and downsized into some shizzy little pensioner/disabled house in later years.

shiftin_gear98 12-04-17 01:06 PM

Mortgage free.

Nice. Only 23 1/2 years till I can say the same.

timwilky 12-04-17 01:20 PM

When I made my final payment and the place became mine. It was a wonderful feeling to know nobody can ever take it off you.

In my case the mortgage rates went through the roof in the mid eighties, I never reduced my repayments when the went down and as a result paid off 10 years early.

Congratulations on investing in your kids inheritance. Don't be fooled. It is a place to live. Not an asset to be exploited. That is there job.

WTF..... Someone pass me my shotgun. There is an idiot on the drive waving a compulsory purchase order. Who said they cannot take it off you!

maviczap 12-04-17 08:50 PM

Cool nice one Bib

Paid our mortgage off when my wife came into some money

Heorot 13-04-17 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timwilky (Post 3067575)
When I made my final payment and the place became mine. It was a wonderful feeling to know nobody can ever take it off you.

In my case the mortgage rates went through the roof in the mid eighties, I never reduced my repayments when the went down and as a result paid off 10 years early.

Congratulations on investing in your kids inheritance. Don't be fooled. It is a place to live. Not an asset to be exploited. That is there job.

WTF..... Someone pass me my shotgun. There is an idiot on the drive waving a compulsory purchase order. Who said they cannot take it off you!

Similar to me except that my mortgage was taken when the interest was 9% and then went up. With 2 incomes we were saving for a holiday as well as paying the mortgage when we realised that by using the holiday money to pay a years mortgage in advance we could reduce our 15 year mortgage to 10 years. Then we got divorced and the settlement meant a new mortgage.