SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Pennine Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Newcastle - IT Job if anyone wants one... (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=81191)

Dan 01-12-06 10:32 PM

Newcastle - IT Job if anyone wants one...

This is a duplicate post from Idle Banter, but I'm hoping it will help someone - mods remove if it's a problem, and my apologies

Right this is a serious enquiry - so anyone interested PM.

In a fairly short timescale, I'm looking for a good quality person to take over much of my role as IT and telecommunications manager for my work (based in Newcastle Upon Tyne).

I need someone who can manage a mid-size organistion LAN/WAN with good knowledge of:
Citrix Metaframe
SQL Server 2000 (clustered)
Exchange 2000
Win2K Advanced Server and clustering
Veritas Backup Exec
Symantec Enterprise AV
Win2K and XP at the desktop
Managed switch infrastructure
Desktop hardware
Server hardware including RAID
SQL Database administration
Active Directory administration
TCP/IP including router technologies

Strong SQL query knowledge is essential, as are analytical and statistical skills.

Anyone interested? PM me please with brief details of your experience and aspirations. I emphasise that this is a serious enquiry - but the post has NOT been advertised yet and it may be two-three weeks before I am in a position to take things further - I'm just trying to find someone without resorting to the open market.

The potential applicant will need to be flexible as 24/7 on-call is required, as is occasional antisocial and weekend working.

Richie 02-12-06 10:28 AM

Good Luck in your Quest... :wink:

timwilky 02-12-06 11:18 AM

I am all for advertising genuine vacancies on the forum. When PBX was looking to employ a new unix admin I was able to put him in touch with a guy I knew. So as an employer you can end up with recommended candidates instead of wading through agency flannel. At the same time they are helping ourselves and friends by allowing the foot into the door.

Good luck with your search WRC63, but whilst I know a few good guys who would fit well into your role I am afraid the location makes them non runners.

Dan 02-12-06 06:00 PM

Thanks Richie

And Tim, I'm with you. There's always someone out there who won't otherwise get the chance - why not do everything possible to find them???

vsumouse 03-12-06 07:23 PM

the only word i recognised there was DESKTOP something or other,
good luck in finding a mini bill gates
:lol:

Dan 03-12-06 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsumouse
the only word i recognised there was DESKTOP something or other,
good luck in finding a mini bill gates
:lol:

Thanks...

Take it you're not going to apply then? :D

Although it's scary how many people who apply for jobs like this who wouldn't know who Bill Gates is :shock:

rob13 03-12-06 08:47 PM

I think if i'd pursued my interest in computers beyond A Level I would have gone down that career path as i think IT comes natural to me, however i had other ideas and eventually this took me in another direction.

How come you are advertising your own job - going away?

Dan 04-12-06 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robchester
I think if i'd pursued my interest in computers beyond A Level I would have gone down that career path as i think IT comes natural to me, however i had other ideas and eventually this took me in another direction.

How come you are advertising your own job - going away?

Moving into another position, so i'm needing to backfill my position.

Cloggsy 05-12-06 11:59 AM

I might know someone... I'll e-mail him ;)