SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Ecosse (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Saturday overnighters (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=229984)

Bibio 12-07-18 09:24 PM

Saturday overnighters

i'm planning on getting away for Saturday overnighters with luck there will be four of them. they will be sort of spur of the moment things depending on weather, accommodation etc.etc.

1. Durness
2. Campbeltown (pretty much the only place on mainland Scotland i have not been)
3. Tobermory (Mull) (again i have never been)
4. Applecross

Applecross will be camping huts and plan this for 1st September

the rest will be SHYA.

i'm actually thinking of doing Tobermory first.

anyone up for it?

DarrenSV650S 12-07-18 09:34 PM

Re: Saturday overnighters

I've been thinking of going to Mull again but I'd say you'd want at least a day to tour about the island

Bibio 12-07-18 09:44 PM

will be getting off Fishnish ferry at 2:45pm more than enough time to do what i want. SYHA for around 7pm, get changed then goto hotel/pub for food/refreshments then bed.

its basically my usual sunday run but on a saturday there and back on sunday so two runs :-)

the SYHA's are only a bed as i dont do fekin tents.

i'm a SHYA member so no £3 non member fee and i can take 7 (i think) other people on membership.

littleoldman2 12-07-18 11:03 PM

Love to. Health depending at the time. But I'd have to catch you folks up later as the VV's slow. I'm going to spend a few days hosteling doing Darrens Loch route and a bit more in a couple of weeks, when I have no appointments.

munkygunn182 13-07-18 06:50 AM

I'd be quite keen and could probably bring a couple of bodies too. Keep me updated of plans as and when (appreciate they are last minute mostly)!

Blue Flame 13-07-18 09:52 AM

Cool. Combat and myself and possibly one or two others will be at Applecross that Saturday so will see you there :)

Bibio 13-07-18 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleoldman2 (Post 3088851)
Love to. Health depending at the time. But I'd have to catch you folks up later as the VV's slow. I'm going to spend a few days hosteling doing Darrens Loch route and a bit more in a couple of weeks, when I have no appointments.

you wont be that far behind ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkygunn182 (Post 3088854)
I'd be quite keen and could probably bring a couple of bodies too. Keep me updated of plans as and when (appreciate they are last minute mostly)!

cool, the more folk the less chance of getting beds at some of the hostels. so you'll have to book your own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Flame (Post 3088867)
Cool. Combat and myself and possibly one or two others will be at Applecross that Saturday so will see you there :)

if i had known earlier i would have been there :rolleyes:

Tiger 55 26-07-18 10:23 AM

I've had enough Applecross for a while, but the others all sound good. I'll keep myself posted. :-)

Bibio 31-07-18 04:03 PM

this is now put on hold for the foreseeable future due to another heart attack :-(

i really could have done with a holiday this year but its not to be.

Blue Flame 31-07-18 08:19 PM

Ach sorry to hear that Lance. Hope you have a speedy recovery.