SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2006 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Sleeping under the stars or sleeping in a real bed???? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=65176)

Cazza 21-01-06 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe
Anyone that can't eat a Sid Squid fried breakfast REALLY are not good in the mornings :wink:

Just that once, Simon... just that once... :sick: :oops:

I'd be up for camping... but don't know if I'll be able to get hold of a tent. Does everyone tend to bring their own... or are people up for some tent-buddying? :D

Jelster 21-01-06 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cazza
I'd be up for camping... but don't know if I'll be able to get hold of a tent. Does everyone tend to bring their own... or are people up for some tent-buddying? :D

Cazza,

I've got a 2/3 person dome tent that you're welcom to borrow. I'll be in a B&B, so I won't be using it.

dirtydog 24-01-06 07:34 PM

i like the sound of jonboys idea 8)

Cazza 25-01-06 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelster
Cazza,

I've got a 2/3 person dome tent that you're welcom to borrow. I'll be in a B&B, so I won't be using it.

Thanks Steve - might take you up on that. (Assuming that's a 2 or 3 person, not a two-thirds of a person tent. ho ho).

Stig 25-01-06 10:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Cazza,

Thanks Steve - might take you up on that. (Assuming that's a 2 or 3 person, not a two-thirds of a person tent. ho ho).

No it's Greg that has one of those, at least he did last year. :lol:

jonboy 26-01-06 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigApe
Quote:

Quote:

Cazza,

No it's Greg that has one of those, at least he did last year. :lol:

It's got to do two of us this year :lol: .

Anonymous 05-02-06 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creamerybutter
I deffo camping/whatever this year I really wish I had last year. Just one question: Will the drinking etc be taking place away from the site and if so how secure will our kit be? I have never really camped anywhere other than the workers compound at Glastonbury and I had nothing as valuable as bike kit there.

On normal camp sites everything as safe as can be. Ive camped on places with bike, and other valuable kit without any worries. Granted they are rural places.

But what I do if ever worried (once!) is have one of those thin curly lock cables and thread it though lid, panniers etc. You can even thread through jacket sleeve etc if your worried. The thin long ones are very cheap.

Ok, not high security, but any camp site theft tends to be opportunistic.

Last Action Pimp 05-02-06 08:38 PM

i am going to take a massive tent that i can fit my bike in (i know its sad but true)

Anonymous 05-02-06 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XVS2005
i am going to take a massive tent that i can fit my bike in (i know its sad but true)

8)

Make sure you pop one of those little luggage locks on the zipper :wink: :lol:

Anonymous 06-02-06 05:14 PM

will be camping. cant guarantee much sleeping will be going on though :lol: