SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   monthly pay :( (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=126358)

kwak zzr 24-02-09 04:29 PM

monthly pay :(

My pay has just changed as from today from weekly to monthly pay :( so the end of march i'll get 4 days pay? the the end of april i'll get marches money :( how am i going to live for 5 weeks on no money? then only get paid one week? then work ANOTHER 4 weeks before i get a full month :(

JamesMio 24-02-09 04:29 PM

Re: monthly pay :(

Can't your work give you a sub for the first month?

SoulKiss 24-02-09 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesMio (Post 1796332)
Can't your work give you a sub for the first month?

Just as long as he doesn't crash it into a French one :p

How much warning did they give you?

Ed 24-02-09 04:34 PM

he's on the post so we all need to buy more stamps

Luckypants 24-02-09 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwak zzr (Post 1796329)
My pay has just changed as from today from weekly to monthly pay :( so the end of march i'll get 4 days pay? the the end of april i'll get marches money :(

Not how it works mate. Monthly pay, you get paid for the month you have just worked. So end of March you should get one months money (maybe an extra week depending when the pay date is set)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwak zzr (Post 1796329)
how am i going to live for 5 weeks on no money? then only get paid one week? then work ANOTHER 4 weeks before i get a full month :(

Well you knew it was coming, surely you saved a bit to cover the interim?

kwak zzr 24-02-09 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulKiss (Post 1796334)
How much warning did they give you?

warning? err? today :( thats how come i get 4 days pay the end of march :(

kwak zzr 24-02-09 04:40 PM

LP i dont think i explained my self right, i was on weekly pay but my last weeks pay was last week (i was paid last friday) but i'm only working 4 more days of feb so i'll only get those 4 days at the end of march, i think?, and as i said above i only got told today.

Luckypants 24-02-09 04:42 PM

Yes and at the end of March you will be paid for the time worked in February (4 days) and the time worked in March (up to the pay day). This is how it works with ALL the companies I have ever worked for and I have been monthly paid for 25 years.

EDIT: I have never had to work a 'month in hand' like folks seem to have to 'work a week in hand' on weekly pay.

Baph 24-02-09 04:44 PM

Adjusting from weekly to monthly pay can be painful, yes. But I find it's better on monthly pay.

I get paid early in the month, and all my bills/direct debits go out within a few days of my pay coming in. Anything left is money I know I can spend on whatever I choose.

kwak zzr 24-02-09 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckypants (Post 1796363)
and the time worked in March (up to the pay day)

explain mate? HR told me today the 15th was the cut off day of the month? whats that mean? sorry for being a dill.