SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Deal or no Deal - Part 2 (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=108324)

Camel 14-04-08 08:46 PM

Deal or no Deal - Part 2

Well I went for the DEAL OR NO DEAL (dramatic caps!) audition today! It was a pretty fun day, at the very least an insight into the making of the programme.

They split 150 people into 6 groups, and then got us to play a group game of deal or no deal - pretty basic, boys against girls. There was nothing inthis, it was just an ice breaker.

After that, we all chatted while each ne of us took turns in doing our 1 minute to camera. We were told, "Just tell me about yourself". So I jabbered on for 1 minute! Easy....I could jabber all day! :mrgreen:

So then they had a break, we all chatted, then they made an announcement. "Could all people whose names are read out, please follow so-and-so to the next room".

I reckon they got rid of 50-60% of the people in the room. Those who remained (including me) were told thanks for coming, they appreciate we had travelled along way etc.....(in a true x-factor style let down)....then they shouted, "You're through to the next round"!!

So then we had to wait around and eventually do a 5 min peice to camera, where we were asked specific things regarding what we wrote on our application form.

I was pretty near the end, infact I was second to last from my group. I went in, did the "talk"! When I finished, the guy said, "Thanks for that it was great. I was enjoying it, so I let you run over. That was 10 minutes"!!

Cool!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

So, I will either get a rejection letter in approx. 6 weeks, or I will get a call at any point in the future asking me to go on the show!!

Fingers crossed for me!!!!

Drew Carey 14-04-08 08:49 PM

Re: Deal or no Deal - Part 2

Cooool......hope you get on.

Viney 15-04-08 11:38 AM

Verna, my better half, applied a couple of weeks ago!!

God help all of us if she gets on...she doenst even understand the game :)

SoulKiss 15-04-08 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viney (Post 1478280)

I would DEFINATELY watch it if she made it.

Can just see her now during one of the chatty bits regaling the nation with her Gynocologist visit story.............................

grh1904 15-04-08 11:44 AM

Beers on you if you win then ???????:drink::drink::drink:

Camel 15-04-08 12:11 PM

Aye, beers on me! And a full re=spray for the SV too!!
I know that the programme is down to personal tatse etc, but I thought some of you might find it interesting to hear what goes on behind the scenes!

Lets hope there is a positive part 3 thread! :D

SoulKiss 15-04-08 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camel (Post 1478335)
Aye, beers on me! And a full re=spray for the SV too!!
I know that the programme is down to personal tatse etc, but I thought some of you might find it interesting to hear what goes on behind the scenes!

Lets hope there is a positive part 3 thread! :D

Then the part 4 thread where you confess that you are not smarter than a 10 year old, you are in fact the weakest link and your Deal/No Deal winnings were ten-pence?

:P

Good luck :)

Camel 15-04-08 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulKiss (Post 1478348)
Then the part 4 thread where you confess that you are not smarter than a 10 year old, you are in fact the weakest link and your Deal/No Deal winnings were ten-pence?

:P

Good luck :)

As long as I can phone a friend, I'll be ok! :D

Stig 15-04-08 01:03 PM

Cool :cool: Best of luck with that. I couldn't do that. I think the bleep machine would break from over use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viney (Post 1478280)

Now that would be MUST WATCH TV. :lol: