SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Bikes - Talk & Issues (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   DAS on monday! (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=121134)

sauluk 13-11-08 08:26 PM

DAS on monday!

I've got my last 2 days training on Sat and Sun and then test monday morning! I'm sure i'll hear them a lot on the weekend but any words of wisdom!?

zsv650 13-11-08 08:30 PM

Re: DAS on monday!

stay calm and treat it as if your just going for a good rideout it's not that bad tbh quite enjoyed mine.

Shellywoozle 13-11-08 08:31 PM

Good luck mate.

Are there any points you feel you not happy with i.e. U-turn, emergency stop?

Just treat the test like a lesson and relax, it's amazing just how relaxed you are made to feel. If you think you have made an almight boo boo just forget it and carry on, you probably will be OK.

BBadger 13-11-08 08:33 PM

GOOD LUCK !
Just practice everything until your sick of it and you cant fail !

newts924 13-11-08 08:36 PM

Good Luck mate :D

Just relax and try to remember what you have learnt and you should be ok.

Let us know how you get on.

Mr Speirs 13-11-08 08:36 PM

I found that my test was so much less stressful than my lessons.
If a made a slight mistake I was expecting to hear a bit of advice in my ear like in a lesson but it was silent :)
I actually rode the worst I ever rode since starting to ride a bike due to nerves and second guessing myself but passed very comfortably.
So my advice. Enjoy your 35 mins on the bike and you'll be fine.
Also it felt like it took 5 mins. :)

sauluk 13-11-08 08:36 PM

I did fine on the U-turns and emergency stop on my first DAS day but I don't want to get complacent and know it could be a lot different on the day. All i'm worried about is that it only takes one dodgy u-turn and that's it!.

hovis 13-11-08 08:38 PM

good luck............

i was worried about locking the back wheel up on emergancy stop, so i hardley used it

Shellywoozle 13-11-08 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sauluk (Post 1685372)
I did fine on the U-turns and emergency stop on my first DAS day but I don't want to get complacent and know it could be a lot different on the day. All i'm worried about is that it only takes one dodgy u-turn and that's it!.

Try not to over think about what you can do wrong, relax. If you find yourself getting uptight do as I do when I go round a bend I hate ......... sing LOL

They can't hear you ..... but don't nod your head to the beat LOL they will fail ya ! :mrgreen:

AndyBrad 13-11-08 08:41 PM

im the self certified worst rider on the planet. I hadnt sat on a bike till my cbt then went onto my das! i was ****. and i mean ****. the test is fine just relax and it will all o together. as others have said jus do what your told to and you'll be fine. i did and passed with 1 minour. if i can do it anyone with half a brain that ca ride a puchbike should pass with flying colours :)

were are u based? you can buy us all a pint to celebrate :)