SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Guildford Massive (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   GM chit chat thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=179521)

Mark_h 20-07-12 03:50 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Front stand

Ordered Tuesday - Delivered from Germany Friday - Assembled 5 minutes later - Assembled correctly 5 minutes later - Bike in the air shortly after that.

Discovered my brake hoses are a bit short. I think they may be stopping the front forks from fully extending. Best not do too many wheelies!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4...photo+bike.JPG

Tomor 20-07-12 05:39 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
now that is service!, looks pretty sturdy! is that an oem belly pan or aftermarket?

Mark_h 20-07-12 06:17 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomor (Post 2746407)
now that is service!, looks pretty sturdy! is that an oem belly pan or aftermarket?

I'm not really sure. I'd guess it's OEM. The rear hugger is a pyramid though.

Thunderace 20-07-12 06:20 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Ah well as previously mentioned, raising my forks in the yolks might help but, whilst tightening the chain this afternoon, I discovered the source of my cornering difficulty............the back wheel was not aligned, It was slightly off to the right. Now straight took it for a blast..........B...E...A...UTIFUL! She falls into the bends nicely, can now do left handers without scaring the sheet out of myself:D Now all she needs is a fresh set of boots and I'll have to dig out the leather romper suit & knee sliders!!!!:thumbsup:

Mark_h 20-07-12 06:24 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderace (Post 2746427)
Ah well as previously mentioned, raising my forks in the yolks might help but, whilst tightening the chain this afternoon, I discovered the source of my cornering difficulty............the back wheel was not aligned, It was slightly off to the right. Now straight took it for a blast..........B...E...A...UTIFUL! She falls into the bends nicely, can now do left handers without scaring the sheet out of myself:D Now all she needs is a fresh set of boots and I'll have to dig out the leather romper suit & knee sliders!!!!:thumbsup:

COOL!!!

Only hope I can get mine back together as well.

Check out Ride in Tyres in Reading for best local tyre deals. Although obviously you'll have to factor in a trip to Glasgow to meet someone who knows how to get to Reading! <Link>

Thunderace 20-07-12 06:38 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Cheers Mark:thumbsup: I think I might actually be able to find that pub on Sunday. I'm slowly getting some local knowledge! I'm thinking from traffic lights on Queens Ave' under the dual carriageway, tight right,wiggly bits, follow signs to Fleet, over the the little bridge to the roundabout that until recently was covered in road works, hang a left and keep going 'til I find said pub?

Mark_h 20-07-12 06:42 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderace (Post 2746441)
Cheers Mark:thumbsup: I think I might actually be able to find that pub on Sunday. I'm slowly getting some local knowledge! I'm thinking from traffic lights on Queens Ave' under the dual carriageway, tight right,wiggly bits, follow signs to Fleet, over the the little bridge (No little bridge) to the roundabout that until recently was covered in road works, hang a left and keep going until traffic lights. Left First set (Aldershot Road) Right Second set (towards Esso) then go straight 'til I find said pub?

Just follow signs to Fleet and You'll get there.

Thunderace 20-07-12 06:51 PM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
OK

Mark_h 28-08-12 09:55 AM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
Bit worried about Thunderace. Not had his usual 10 posts before breakfast. I did send him home yesterday afternoon with a new tool and a good book so hopefully he's holed up in the bog with the book and not trapped under the Ace having failed to use the new tool correctly.

Fallout 28-08-12 10:22 AM

Re: GM chit chat thread
 
He'd love to be squashed under that beast though. It'd be his favourite way to go.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.